DETROIT -- After 37 games this season, the Detroit Red Wings are off to their best start since 2016-17, and the club has enjoyed a tremendous home ice advantage, going 12-5-2 so far at Little Caesars Arena.
And to help create an even better home ice atmosphere down the stretch, the Red Wings are excited to announce theme nights, promotions and giveaways for the second half of the 2021-22 season.
From the fan-favorite bobblehead giveaways, to celebrations of Detroit's rich history on and off the ice, and hockey-themed promotional items, the Red Wings have you covered.
Seven theme nights will take place during a jam-packed second half of the 2021-22 campaign, featuring full Little Caesars Arena takeovers for each festive occasion, and 13 of the final 22 Red Wings home games include an exciting giveaway or theme night.
"The Red Wings have been exciting to watch this season, and we're happy to provide our incredible fans with even more reasons to see the team live at Little Caesars Arena during the second half of the year," Red Wings vice president of entertainment services and broadcasting Pete Skorich said. "Due to popular demand, our fans can enjoy a new collector's series of Red Wings bobbleheads and other fan-favorite giveaways, and we've added several new theme nights that are sure to create unique memory-making moments for the fans of Hockeytown."
All 2021-22 second half theme nights and giveaways are listed below. All games are at 7:30 p.m. unless otherwise listed. All giveaways and quantities are subject to change.
• Thursday, Jan. 13 vs. Winnipeg | Kris Draper Bobblehead Giveaway, presented by Coca-Cola (First 7,500 Fans)
• Wednesday, Jan. 26 vs. Chicago | Snow Globe Giveaway, presented by DMC (First 5,000 Fans)
• Monday, Jan. 31 vs. Anaheim | Kirk Maltby Bobblehead Giveaway, presented by Comerica Bank (First 7,500 Fans)
• Wednesday, Feb. 23 vs. Colorado | Scarf Giveaway, presented by Visit Central Florida (First, 5,000 Fans) & Hockey is for Everyone: Black History Night
• Tuesday, March 1 vs. Carolina | LED Goal Light Giveaway, presented by DTE Energy (First 5,000 Fans)
• Tuesday, March 8 vs. Arizona | Hockey is for Everyone: Women's History Night
• Thursday, March 10 vs. Minnesota | Star Wars Night
• Tuesday, March 22 vs. Philadelphia | Joe Kocur Bobblehead Giveaway, presented by Huntington Bank (First 7,500 Fans)
• Tuesday, April 5 vs. Boston | Darren McCarty Bobblehead Giveaway, presented by Chevrolet (First 7,500 Fans)
• Saturday, April 9 at 7 p.m. vs. Columbus | Kids Night & Growth Chart Giveaway (First 2,000 Kids)
• Tuesday, April 12 vs. Ottawa | Detroit Tigers Night & Baseball Hat Giveaway, presented by MotorCity Casino Hotel (First 7.500 Fans)
• Saturday, April 23 at 12:30 p.m. vs. Pittsburgh | Green Night, presented by DTE Energy
As the most popular giveaway item every year, the Red Wings bobblehead series returns with an iconic theme.
This season's bobblehead series will pay homage to Detroit's infamous Grind Line, featuring Kris Draper (Jan. 13), Kirk Maltby (Jan. 31), Joe Kocur (March 22) and Darren McCarty (April 5) bobblehead giveaways to the first 7,500 fans in attendance for each respective night.
As part of the Red Wings' continued commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and the NHL's Hockey is for Everyone initiative, the organization will celebrate Black History Night on Feb. 23 against the Colorado Avalanche, and the Wings will host Women's History Night on March 8 against the Arizona Coyotes.
Activations during Black History Night and Women's History Night will include a celebration of 2022 Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Tigers Game Changers, presented by Comerica Bank, which is a program that honors local community leaders making a difference in the lives of children. Additionally, fans can experience new Red Wings exhibits exploring Black hockey history and women's hockey history on the Little Caesars Arena concourse throughout February and March.
The Red Wings will celebrate Kids Night on April 9 against the Columbus Blue Jackets, and as a nod to our friends across Woodward Avenue, the Wings are set to host Detroit Tigers Night on April 12 against the Ottawa Senators.
Kids Night includes a Growth Chart giveaway for the first 2,000 kids aged 12 and under in attendance, and Tigers Night features a Baseball Hat giveaway, presented by MotorCity Casino Hotel, for the first 7,500 fans at Little Caesars Arena.
Because of games that have been postponed, a confirmed date for Fan Appreciation Night, presented by Coca-Cola, will be announced upon the completion of the revised NHL schedule. Details surrounding Fan Appreciation Night will be communicated later this season.
Stay tuned to the Red Wings' social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) for more information on theme nights, promotions and giveaways during the second half of the 2021-22 season.
To be part of the action live at Little Caesars Arena with single-game tickets and partial-season plans, visit DetroitRedWings.com/Tickets or call 313-471-7575.