The Pittsburgh Penguins and Aramark, the Penguins' food and beverage partner at PPG Paints Arena, today announced a series of renovations to further elevate and enhance the in-venue dining experience. These investments are being made to create a safe, contactless experience at PPG Paints Arena in a post-COVID environment and are a core part of the Penguins and Aramark extending their longtime partnership, which dates back to 1991.
With the installation of new and expanded concepts and introduction of fan-friendly technology, the renovations are designed to build upon PPG Paints Arena's already robust concessions options and promote a safe and efficient experience for guests. PPG Paints are being used as part of the renovation process, and construction is expected to be completed by the start of the NHL season.
"The Penguins are very proud to partner with Aramark to make PPG Paints Arena the safest and most innovative sports and entertainment dining experience in the country," said David Morehouse, CEO and President of the Penguins. "Following our announcement of the Rivers Casino deck last week, we have several construction projects underway to keep our fans safe and we look forward to welcoming fans back to the arena with improved food and beverage facilities and the latest fan interactive technologies."
"We're excited to extend our partnership with the Penguins and to use this off-season to further elevate PPG Paints Arena's dining experience," Mike McDonald, District Manager, Aramark's Sports & Entertainment division, said. "Now, more than ever, it's imperative we provide a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone we serve. We have a long, proud history of serving Penguins fans and I'm confident we will continue to deliver an innovative, dynamic and engaging food and beverage experience for everyone attending events at the arena."
- Scan. Pay. Go. State-of-the-art Mashgin artificial intelligence (AI) self-checkout scanners have been deployed throughout the arena. Fans place the items they wish to purchase on the Mashgin unit where they are scanned simultaneously for quick payment, significantly increasing speed of service.
- Self-ordering kiosks have been installed at select locations, allowing fans to fully customize and pay for their order using touch screen technology.
- Mobile ordering will be available through the Penguins mobile app, allowing fans to place an order from their seats and pick it up at designated stands.
Drink MKT (Section 101, 105, 109, 204, 215)
- Drink MKT is an express, self-service beverage market that uses Mashgin AI self-checkout scanners. Created to reduce wait times and increase choice - and get fans back to their seats quickly -- the market will offer a wide variety of beverages, including domestic, premium and craft beer, spiked seltzers, canned cocktails and wine, and assorted grab-and-go snacks. Valid ID is still required to purchase alcoholic beverages.
The King Penguin (Section 114)
- A new destination sports bar on the main concourse, featuring more than ten big screens, high top tables, lounge seating, and a wall to concourse premium bar serving beer, wine and traditional and specialty cocktails.
Market (Section 116)
- The Market is a large marketplace featuring three unique food stations and grab-and-go food and beverage.
Fan Favs Express (Section 119)
- The new Fan Favs Express will offer a variety of fan favorites (hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, beverages) and self-checkout, featuring Mashgin AI scanners that allow fans to expeditiously complete their transactions. Valid ID is still required to purchase alcoholic beverages.
Connected Concepts (Section 205)
- Your Favorite Brands In One Stand. Connected Concepts offers some of the most popular menu items from around the arena available in one stand. Self-order and pay via the touch screen kiosks or Pens mobile app. The stand is "flexible," allowing for the menu to change per event.