Effective date: January 16, 2015
• The Penguin Parties and their agents and representatives collect personal information in a number of circumstances. When you use our Services, we may collect personal information from you such as and without limitation, your name, home address, e-mail address, date of birth, phone number, and credit card information. We may also collect information about your activity or preferences when using our Services, such as your favorite Pittsburgh Penguins player(s), purchase history, product use, viewing history, and search history. We collect this information in a variety of places, for example, when you access or use video highlights, video offerings, chat rooms and bulletin boards, and when you participate in other events, promotions and interactive online activities. We may collect this information with your consent or as permitted by law.
Use and Disclosure
• We may use your personal information such as your name, home address and e-mail address to send marketing communications to you. We may use other personal information you provide, such as your email address, to send you particular communications that we believe will be of interest to you. We may also share your information amongst the Penguin Parties for this same purpose. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can choose not to participate in the particular offering that requests your personal information, or you can follow the opt out instructions contained in the marketing communications you receive from us. Please note that opting out of receiving one type of marketing communications will not opt you out of receiving all of our marketing communications. Further, even if you opt out of receiving all marketing communications, you may still continue to receive transactional or relationship-based messages.
• We may also use your personal information such as your name, home address and e-mail address to send you offers from our marketing partners and other business partners, and we may share such personal information with certain of these partners so that they may send you offers directly, if you have opted to receive information from such partners.
• If you have opted not to receive communications from us, we may share that information with third parties who send communications to you on our behalf to ensure that you do not receive those communications.
• Personal information may be used or disclosed among the Penguin Parties for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes.
• We provide personal information to agents who perform services for us such as fulfilling, customizing, and delivering products and orders, sending postal mail and e-mail, performing data analytics, providing marketing assistance, performing credit checks and approvals, detecting fraudulent orders, processing credit card payments, collecting on delinquent accounts, and providing customer service. Our policy is to only provide your personal information to such agents for the purposes of providing their services to us.
• We may also use aggregated, anonymous data and other forms of non-personal information collected to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze your usage and downloads, improve our content and product offerings, and generally to improve the Services and better tailor them to meet your needs.
• Personal information may be used by the Penguin Parties and disclosed to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of the Penguin Parties or our activities or assets, including for the purpose of permitting such parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with such transaction and to fulfill reporting, inspection or audit requirements or obligations to such parties. In the event that all or part of the Penguin Parties or our activities or assets is sold, assigned or otherwise disposed of, personal information we have collected will be used and disclosed by such parties for substantially the same purposes as described in this statement.
• We also use and disclose your personal information for maintaining records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our activities, meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements, and otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
• The Penguin Parties may also disclose personal information if we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or fraud to you or us, prevent or report suspected illegal activity, protect anyone's rights, property, or safety, or enforce our terms or any other agreement between us.
• If you would like more information on our personal information sharing practices or the choices you have with regard to your data, please email email@example.com.
Cookies and Web Technologies
• Web servers operated by us, and by third party service providers and advertisers, may automatically collect non-personal information about which pages you visit, as well as your IP address or domain name. We may use this information for various purposes, such as tailoring the content on our Services, targeting promotional messages, and assessing the amount of traffic to various parts of our Services. We may also provide this information on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our marketing partners and/or advertisers.
• We have adopted reasonable security measures, appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information, against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss or destruction of personal information. These measures may include reasonable technological, physical and organizational methods of security. However, no data over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your information and you understand that any information that you transfer or transmit to us is done at your own risk.
Access, Correction, Contacting Us, Third Party Links
• Our policy is to only provide your personal information to authorized employees and agents of the Penguin Parties who need access to your personal information in the course of their duties. Upon written request and subject to some limited circumstances, you have the right to access your file and to challenge or request correction of any erroneous or out-of-date personal information about you that is in our possession or control. In some limited circumstances, we may not be able to grant you access to your information, for example, if doing so would threaten the security or privacy of another individual. If you wish to access your personal information in the possession/control of the Penguin Parties or make corrections to it, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you have any comments, complaints or questions about our privacy or security practices or about your information that is in our possession/control, including its accuracy or integrity, or if you wish to change your preferences as to how we use the information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
• California law allows California residents who have provided their personal information to us to request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information (if any) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In addition, under California law, operators of websites and online services are required to disclose how they respond to web browser "do not track" signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information of a consumer over time and across third party websites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. At this time, we do not track our users' personal information over time and across third-party websites. This law also requires operators of websites and online services to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users' online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator's website or service. We do not knowingly permit third parties to collect personal information about an individual user's online activities over time and across different websites when using our Services.
• In general, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 ("children") via the Services. From time to time, we may offer children the opportunity to enter promotions or contests via the Services. In those cases, our collection of the children's information will be limited for the purposes of administering the promotions or contests. Our policy is to only collect children's information when we have verifiable parental consent or are otherwise permitted by law.
• All questions about our policies related to children's personal information and our personal information sharing practices should be directed to email@example.com.
• None of NHL ICE, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., the National Hockey League and its other member clubs, nor any of their respective officers, directors, governors, owners, other officials, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, affiliates and other related entities, servants, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, have any control of, or responsibility or liability for, our use, disclosure, storage or transmission of any information collected through our Services.