Mark Johnson is an American Sports Legend. His last name is synonymous with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Ten years before his father, Badger Bob Johnson, became coach of the Penguins, Mark joined the Penguins as a player. He came to Pittsburgh with a shiny gold medal after turning in an MVP performance for United States "Miracle On Ice" Olympic Team at Lake Placid.
- Mark recounts his incredible Olympic experience , particularly his two goal effort against the Soviets.
- He talks about his famous father and the rivalry he had with the man who coached Mark and his Olympic teammates, Herb Brooks.
- He also recalls his early days with the Penguins
- Mark is now the coach of the University of Wisconsin Women's Hockey team and he shares his thoughts on the growth of women's hockey.
- He also expresses what it means to have his Dad's famous saying " It's A Great For Hockey" continue to be the Penguins slogan for all these years
All episodes of A Great Day for Hockey Talk are available on SoundCloud, iTunes, and Google Play.
For more information on Penguins Podcasts, visit our podcast page.