Visit Hurricanes.com/Draft for the latest news, videos and pick-by-pick information in the 2020 NHL Draft.
The Carolina Hurricanes selected Seth Jarvis 13th overall in the 2020 NHL Draft.
Here are some quick facts about the 18-year-old centerman to help you get acquainted with the newest member of the Hurricanes organization.
- He hails from Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- He's a right-shooting center who measures in at 5-foot-10 and 175 pounds.
- He models his game after Brayden Point, who is also 5-foot-10.
Video: "I'm super pumped to be a part of Carolina."
- He registered 63 points (27g, 36a) in his last 26 games in the 2019-20 season.
- He recorded multiple double-digit point streaks (10 games and 11 games) in 2019-20.
- He was the recipient of the 2019-20 Brad Hornung Trophy, awarded annually to the WHL's most sportsmanlike player.
- He helped Team Canada earn the silver medal at the 2019 Hlinka Gretzky Cup.
Video: "We got you a spot but you gotta go earn it."
- He played football for six years growing up.
- His dad started a football program at his high school and won the championship in the first year.
- He is a fan of the Atlanta Falcons and Duke college basketball.
- Pavel Bure was his childhood hockey idol.
- His favorite food is tortellini.
Video: Carolina Hurricanes select F Seth Jarvis No. 13
- His teammates love to chirp him about his teeth.
- His hockey nickname is Jarvy.
- He's never been to a concert.
- Number one on his bucket list is to play in the NHL.