How to Change NHL App Icon to Hurricanes Logo on Home Screen
Replace the NHL app icon with your favorite teamby Michael Smith @MSmithCanes / CarolinaHurricanes.com
You have the Carolina Hurricanes set as your favorite team within the NHL app. Now, add the Canes to your home screen!
Here's how you can bring the Hurricanes logo back to your home screen by replacing the standard NHL app icon.
On iOS (10.3 and above)
- If not prompted to change the icon by already having the Hurricanes set as your favorite team, tap "More" along the bottom menu and then "Settings" in the upper right hand corner
- Tap "Set Home Screen Icon"
- Select Carolina Hurricanes
On Android (app version 8.6)
- Long press the home screen to add a widget
- Select and drag "NHL - Team" shortcut widget to your home screen
- In the ensuing menu prompt, select Carolina Hurricanes
You can take the Canes customization a step further on Android if you use a custom launcher (such as Nova Launcher) by editing the app name under the home screen icon to read "Canes" instead of "NHL."
And that's it! Pretty simple for either mobile operating system, a small touch that adds more Canes flair to your device. Enjoy!