The Golden Knights defeated the Blackhawks 5-2 at T-Mobile Arena on Tuesday night. Chicago has tallied a power-play goal in five of their last six games. Tommy Wingels and Alex Debrincat each netted a goal for Chicago, and Jeff Glass made 32 saves in the loss.
Chicago holds a 38-44-5-3 mark all-time against Anaheim, including a 22-20-2-3 record at home. The Blackhawks beat the Ducks 7-3 in their first matchup of the season on Nov. 27 in Chicago. Alex DeBrincat posted his first career hat-trick and added an assist in the win. Patrick Sharp (15G, 16A) and Patrick Kane (9G, 22A) share the team lead with 31 career points each against Anaheim. Anton Forsberg has not faced the Ducks in his career.
Wingels netted a power-play goal for his seventh goal of the season on Tuesday night. His last goal with the man advantage came as a member of the San Jose Sharks on Dec. 20, 2015 in an overtime loss against the Chicago Blackhawks. His 12 points (7G, 5A) this season match last year's totals from San Jose and Ottawa. He went three-for-four (75 percent) at the faceoff dot and shared the team lead with four shots on goal. The 29-year-old leads the team with 136 hits in 51 games.
Kane (21G, 32A), Nick Schmaltz (15G, 24A) and DeBrincat (21G, 16A) have combined for 129 points through 57 games this season. The record for most points scored by three American-born skaters in franchise history was set during the 1992-93 season when Jeremy Roenick (50G, 57A), Chris Chelios (15G, 58A) and Brian Noonan (16G, 14A) combined for 210 points.
- DeBrincat registered his sixth multi-point performance of the year with a goal and an assist against Vegas. He now has nine points (7G, 2A) in as many games. His 21 goals rank third among rookies. His 37 points (21G, 16A) rank third for Chicago on the year.
- Erik Gustafsson tallied an assist in the loss. He now has three points (1G, 2A) in 12 games this season. He tied the team lead with four shots.
- Sharp picked up his 14th point (6G, 8A) on the year with a helper.
- Ryan Hartman recorded an assist on Tuesday night. He has 22 points (7G, 15A) this season.
- Duncan Keith led the team with five blocked shots.
- Brandon Saad notched four shots on goal to share the team lead.
- Brent Seabrook paced Chicago with 23:54 of ice time.