The Blackhawks fell to the Jets 6-2 on Thursday night at Bell MTS Place. Brandon Saad and Patrick Sharp were the goal scoreres for Chicago. Anton Forsberg made three saves in the loss and J-F Berube made 30 saves in relief.
Chicago holds a 54-52-13-1 mark all-time against Buffalo, including an 19-34-7-0 record on the road. The Blackhawks defeated the Sabres 3-2 in overtime in the first contest of the season on Dec. 8. Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane share the Chicago lead with 15 career points (8G, 7A) each against Buffalo. Berube has a 0-0-1 record against Buffalo in his career.
The Blackhawks last played on St. Patrick's Day in 2015, when Toews registered a four-point (2G, 2A) performance to lead the team to a 4-1 win over the Islanders at the United Center. The Winnipeg native has notched eight games with 4 or more points in his career.
Sharp has tallied three assists in four games for the Blackhawks on St. Patrick's Day while, Kane has one assist in three career appearances on St. Patrick's Day.
Over his last three games against his hometown team, Kane has registered five points (2G, 3A) in two multi-point outings. Since his debut in 2007-2008, the Blackhawks have a 13-2-0 record against the Sabres.
- Saad netted a goal 11 seconds into the game against Winnipeg, the fastest goal to start a game this season for Chicago. Saad now has at least 30 points (16G, 14A) for the fifth consecutive season in his career.
- Sharp scored his ninth goal of the year on Thursday. He now has three points (2G, 1A) in his last four games. It was his 19th point (9G, 10A) of the season.
- Kane extended his point streak (1G, 3A) to three games with an assist on Thursday night. He now has six separate point streaks of three or more games this season. He leads the Blackhawks with 67 points (25G, 42A) on the year.
- Nick Schmaltz added an assist against the Jets. He ranks third for Chicago with 47 points (20G, 27A) this season.
- Connor Murphy picked up his 10th assist of the year. It was his 11th point of the campaign.
- John Hayden registered his 13th point (4G, 9A) of the season with an assist.
- Erik Gustafsson matched a career-high and led the team with five shots on goal.
- Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook shared the team lead with three blocked shots each.