Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc.
Last Updated: July 11, 2022
This Policy applies to information we collect:
· when you auction off your game-used merchandise used by your favorite Blackhawks players;
· when you make a donation to the Blackhawks Foundation;
· when you purchase tickets to Blackhawks games through our Ticket Sales and Service Team;
· when you fill out surveys, or enter into contests or other promotions;
· when you contact us or submit information to us; and
· from third parties, such as our business partners and service providers.
· us in any other way offline or through any other means, including on any website operated by the Chicago Blackhawks or any third party; or
· any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Mobile App or pages on social media platforms.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
The types of information we collect may vary depending on your relationship with us. This may include information:
· by which you may be personally identified, such as name, date of birth, age, mailing or billing address, email address, home, work, and mobile telephone numbers, gender, and interests; geolocation information (if you opted-in to sharing this information through the Mobile App); credit or debit card number, bank account number, or other financial information (when you purchase game-used merchandise or tickets to Blackhawks games, or make a donation to the Blackhawks Foundation); driver's license or other government-issued identification number (for verifying your identity when you enter into or win a contest); COVID-19 vaccination status information (from participants in the Four Feathers Tournament); single sign-on login credentials to the Mobile App; social media handle; or public profile or similar information from social networks (collectively, "Personal Data"); or
· that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your use of the Mobile App, error information, the type and location of mobile device and operating system you use to access our Mobile App, information associated with your Apple iTunes or Google Play accounts or any other account used to download or access our Mobile App, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use in our Mobile App.
We collect this information:
· directly from you when you provide it to us;
· automatically as you navigate through our Mobile App. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
· from third parties, for example, our business partners, affiliated entities, and service providers we use to support our business (including marketing partners, ticketing and payment processors, social media providers, and promotional sponsors). For more information, see Third Party Sites.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we may collect from you includes:
· information received on applications and other forms you complete, whether in writing, in person, by phone, electronically, or by other means. This can include information provided at the time of filling out a survey, signing up to receive marketing communications from us, entering into a contest or other promotion hosted by the Blackhawks, or registering to participate in programs or initiatives sponsored by the Blackhawks, such as camps, clinics, and other events, including the Four Feathers Tournament;
· records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses, telephone numbers, or other contact information), if you contact us;
· details of your purchases or other transactions with the Blackhawks, such as when you buy game-used merchandise used by your favorite Blackhawks players, purchase tickets to Blackhawks games through our Ticket Sales and Service Team, or make a donation to the Blackhawks Foundation; and
· information about your general location, such as from your social media tags or posts, or real-time location, if you have opted-in to sharing your location through our Mobile App.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Mobile App and other online services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
· details of your visits to our Mobile App, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit, error information, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use in our Mobile App; and
· information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, Mobile App version information, and information associated with your Apple iTunes or Google Play accounts or any other account used to download or access our Mobile App.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Mobile App and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
· estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
· store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize how our Mobile App appears to you according to your individual interests; and
· recognize you when you return to our and Mobile App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Cookies (or mobile cookies). We may use analytical services, including Google Analytics, to collect certain information relating to your use of our Mobile App. These services use "cookies," which are text files placed on your mobile device, to help our Mobile App analyze how users use the app. For more information regarding Google Analytics, please visit Google's website, and the pages that describe Google Analytics, such as https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Our ticketing, event promotions, and other online services are provided through our partners and service providers. For example, the Chicago Blackhawks' official website is hosted by the NHL, and our ticketing is processed through Ticketmaster's platforms, including Ticketmaster.com. These online services use our own first-party cookies, as well as third-party cookies of our service providers and marketing partners alone or in conjunction with web beacons or other tracking technologies to collect information about you. We cannot control and are not responsible for how these parties' third-party cookies or other tracking technologies are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Information from Third Party Sources
We may also receive Personal Data from third parties that provide us information in connection with products or services you purchase from them or when you express interests that relate to the Chicago Blackhawks. For a non-exhaustive list of third-party sources, please see Third Party Sites.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
· to provide, support, personalize, develop, and improve our Mobile App as well as enhance our social media presence;
· to process, fulfill, support, and administer transactions and orders for products and services ordered by you;
· to provide you with the goods, services, or programs that you have requested from us and to communicate with you with respect to those goods, services, and programs or to improve upon our goods, services, and programs;
· to send you information that you request from us or that may be of interest to you, including newsletters, event information, marketing materials, offers, and promotions;
· to verify your location and send location-based content to you (if you opted-in to sharing this information through the Mobile App);
· if you enter a contest or other promotion offered by the Blackhawks, to administer the contest or promotion, in accordance with its rules and applicable laws;
· to conduct statistical and demographic analysis or market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs;
· to respond to your inquiries and requests;
· if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Chicago Blackhawks, our customers, or others;
· to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
· to comply with our legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations; and
· for any other purpose with your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters, email, and other communications. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
· to our affiliated entities;
· to our sponsors;
· to internet cookie information recipients, such as analytics services; and/or
· to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by the Chicago Blackhawks about our users and customers are among the assets transferred.
5. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
· Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow our Mobile App to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. For example, the "location" permissions on your mobile device may allow you to elect to never share location information with us, share location information only while you are using our Mobile App, or always share location information even if you are not using our Mobile App. If you elect not to share your location information, you may be unable to access some features of our services that are designed for mobile devices. You can also disable location-based alerts in the Settings section of our Mobile App.
· Promotional Offers from the Chicago Blackhawks (Email). If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Blackhawks to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or emailing email@example.com. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Blackhawks as a result of a product purchase or your use of our services.
· Promotional Offers from the Chicago Blackhawks (Voice and Text). If you do not wish to have your telephone number used by the Blackhawks to promote our own products and services, follow the instructions stated in the pre-recorded voice message, text STOP in response to the text message you received or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Chicago Blackhawks do not charge for receiving text message alerts, but message and data rates may apply. Supported carriers include AT&T, Verizon, MetroPCS, Sprint, Boost, T-Mobile, Alltel, Virgin Mobile, and U.S. Cellular. Such carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
6. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can review and change your Personal Data by logging into our Mobile App and visiting the Settings section of our Mobile App. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
State-Specific Privacy Rights
Your California Rights
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Data about your online activities over time. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, we do not currently respond to the browser DNT signals when you use our services and products or interact with our Mobile App.
In addition, as of January 1, 2020, you have the additional rights described in the California Addendum if you are a California resident.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption technology for information sent and received by us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for the use of our Mobile App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Mobile App. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Mobile App or in your operating system.
8. THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Mobile App may contain links to third party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us, including, but not limited to, those listed below. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or services. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy policies of these parties, which we suggest you review.
· Ticketmaster. When purchasing tickets through Ticketmaster (Ticketmaster.com), Ticketmaster's policies and practices may apply with respect to Personal Data collected by Ticketmaster through your transaction. Ticketmaster is an independent third party, and we are not responsible for how they treat such Personal Data.
· Social media platforms. Based on your social media privacy settings, most social media platforms analyze how you interact with us and combine it with information about other users and may share with us certain Personal Data about you. To the extent you provide your Personal Data on social media platforms, those social media providers' policies and practices apply with respect to their sites and services. We do not control such social media providers and are not responsible for how they treat your Personal Data.
· Promotional sponsors. If a Chicago Blackhawks-related promotion is run by a third party (such as the sponsor of the promotion), that third party's policies and practices may apply with respect to Personal Information collected through such promotion. We do not control such third parties and are not responsible for how they treat your Personal Data.
· United Center. The United Center's policies and practices may apply with respect to Personal Data collected by the United Center, such as in relation to your purchase of season tickets, annual suite(s), club seats, or other premium ticketing options at the United Center. The United Center is an independent third party, and we are not responsible for how they treat your Personal Data.
9. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
11. CONTACT INFORMATION
Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612
Phone: (312) 455-7064
Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc.
Privacy Addendum for California Residents
Last Updated: February 16, 2022
Unless otherwise noted, this California Privacy Addendum will not apply to the following types of information until January 1, 2023: (i) employment-related personal information collected from our California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals and (ii) personal information collected as part of a business-to-business communication (verbal or written) or transaction between the Chicago Blackhawks and a consumer who is acting as an employee, owner, director, officer, or independent contractor on behalf of another company, and the communication or transaction solely relates to providing or receiving products or services to or from such company.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). The type of personal information we collect may vary depending on your relationship with us. For this reason, we may collect, and over the prior 12 months have collected, the following categories of personal information from consumers:
A. Identifiers, such as name, contact information (e.g., postal address, telephone number, email address), IP address, driver's license or other government-issued ID number, single sign-on login credentials to the Blackhawks' Mobile App, social media handle, and other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information as defined in the California Customer Records law, such as name, contact information, driver's license or other government-issued ID number, medical information (specifically, COVID-19 vaccination status information but only from participants in the Four Feathers Tournament), bank account number, credit or debit card number, or other financial information.
D. Commercial information, such as details of ticket purchases through our Ticket Sales and Service Team, game-used merchandise that is auctioned off with proceeds going to the Blackhawks Foundation, or other transactions with the Blackhawks.
E. Geolocation data, such as your real-time location (if you have opted-in to sharing your location through our Mobile App).
G. Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities.
H. Professional or employment-related information, such as job title.
I. Inferences drawn from any of the other personal information listed above to understand your preferences.
Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregated consumer information, or other information as set forth under the CCPA.
2. SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Chicago Blackhawks will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for additional purposes without providing you notice.
4. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to our affiliated entities: identifiers; personal information as defined in the California Customer Records law; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; geolocation data; professional or employment-related information; and inference data.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to our sponsors: identifiers and personal information as defined in the California Customer Records law.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold consumers' personal information.
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure, and sale of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected or maintained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (an "Authorized Agent"), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. We are not obligated to provide information to you in response to your verifiable consumer request for access or portability more than twice in a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
We are unable to fulfill your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. With few exceptions, we will only review and fulfill a request from your Authorized Agent if (i) you grant the Authorized Agent written permission to make a request on your behalf, (ii) you or the Authorized Agent provides us notice of that written permission, and (iii) we are able to verify your identity in connection with that notice and the request. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Verifying Your Identity
Before completing your request to exercise the below, we will verify that the request came from you by comparing the identifying information provided by you in your request with any personal information we maintain about you at that time. For all requests, we will need the consumer's (i) name, (ii) email address, and (iii) telephone number.
To protect the privacy and security of your personal information, we may request additional information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. This information may include your driver's license or other government-issued identification number. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. You may also be asked to complete and provide a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer who is the subject of the request in certain circumstances. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA:
7. CHANGES TO OUR CALIFORNIA ADDENDUM
We reserve the right to amend this California Addendum from time to time. When we make changes to this California Addendum, we will post the revised California Addendum on this page with a new "Last Updated" date.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION
Phone: (312) 455-7064