The final act of the Predators' five-game homestand begins this evening with the first of two games against the Panthers.
Nashville (10-12-0) is 2-1-0 on the homestand so far, most recently falling, 4-2, to the Carolina Hurricanes. In the loss, goaltender Juuse Saros exited the game with an injury; he is day-to-day with an upper-body injury. The Preds were also missing three other players for the first time during Tuesday's game. Ryan Ellis and Luke Kunin were placed on Injured Reserve and Ryan Johansen was added to the NHL's COVID protocol list.
The Preds held practice at Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday. Saros was absent, while netminder Kasimir Kaskisuo was present.
The Panthers (13-4-4) are making their first trip to Music City this season. They have surprised a lot of people with their top-three ranking in the Central Division and have points in three-straight games.
Thursday Evening Update:
- Ryan Johansen removed from the NHL's COVID-19 protocol list
- Activated forward Brad Richardson from Injured Reserve.
- Placed goaltender Juuse Saros on IR (upper body).
- Recalled defenseman Ben Harpur and goaltender Kasimir Kaskisuo from the taxi squad.
- Reassigned defenseman Alexandre Carrier to the taxi squad.
- Recalled forward Rem Pitlick and defenseman Jeremy Davies to the taxi squad from Chicago (AHL).
- Recalled goaltender Devin Cooley to the taxi squad from Florida (ECHL).
- Reassigned forward Tanner Jeannot to Chicago (AHL) from the taxi squad.
Nashville did not hold a morning skate on Thursday. Below is a projected lineup based on Tuesday's game:
Filip Forsberg - Mikael Granlund - Eeli Tolvanen
Calle Jarnkrok - Matt Duchene - Rocco Grimaldi
Nick Cousins - Erik Haula - Viktor Arvidsson
Brad Richardson - Colton Sissons - Mathieu Olivier
Roman Josi - Mattias Ekholm
Ben Harpur - Dante Fabbro
Mark Borowiecki - Matt Benning
Note: The Predators have not announced a starting goaltender for tonight's game