* The Penguins close out their four-game road trip tonight in New York. They are 2-0-1 thus far on this swing.
* Kris Letang will not play in tonight's game. He is day-to-day with an upper-body injury. Zach Trotman will slot in for him as Olli Maatta is not yet cleared to play.
* The Penguins played 11 games without Letang from Feb. 26 to March 17 and went 7-2-2 over that span.
* This is the 3rd of 4 meetings between the Penguins and the Rangers. The Penguins are currently 2-0 in the season series.
* Under Mike Sullivan, the Penguins are 10-4-1 overall against the Rangers (14-5-1 including the playoffs).
* Matt Murray, who will get the start in goal tonight, is a perfect 5-0 in his career against the Rangers, including 4-0 at Madison Square Garden.
* Including the playoffs, he is a perfect 8-0 in his career against the Rangers with a 1.98 goals-against average and a .930 save percentage. Six of those eight wins in the regular season and playoffs have come in this building.
* He has helped the Penguins earn points in their last 4 games (2-0-2) by posting a 1.65 goals-against average and .949 save percentage. Going back even further, he is 7-2-2 in his last 11 games with a 2.07 goals-against average and .939 save percentage.
* Jared McCann recorded his 3rd 2-goal game as a Penguin in Saturday's 3-2 win over Dallas. He has 11 goals, 15 points and a team-leading three shorthanded goals in 26 games since being acquired by Pittsburgh.
* Mika Zibanejad is New York's leading scorer with 28 goals and 67 points. He has 7 points (3G-4A) in his last 6 games against the Penguins.
* Ryan Strome has scored in each of his last 2 games against Pittsburgh as a member of the Rangers. He enters tonight on a 2-game goal-scoring streak.
PIT - Zach Aston-Reese (lower-body), Evgeni Malkin (upper body), Olli Maatta (upper-body), Chad Ruhwedel (upper-body).
NYR - Libor Hajek (separated shoulder), Jesper Fast (upper-body), Chris Kreider (undisclosed), Marc Staal (lower-body).