Florida Panthers Top 10 Goals 2016-17by Jameson Olive @JamesonCoop / FloridaPanthers.com
From dazzling dekes to deft dishes, the Florida Panthers scored plenty of amazing and memorable goals during the 2016-17 season.
Whether it was another historic point from Jaromir Jagr or a bit of magical stick work from Aleksander Barkov, the collective jaws of fans could often be found on the floor after each and every one of Florida's goals this past season.
So, of course, we had to compile a list of what we believe to be some of the best goals scored during the team's most recent campaign. And although our list is numbered, it's important to remember that top-10 lists are subjective, so I suggest taking the time to make and share your own after viewing our picks below!
10. Dec. 6, 2016: Ah, the ole' give-and-go. After receiving a soft backhand pass from Aleksander Barkov just above the right circle, Mark Pysyk decides to return the favor, setting up No. 16 for a beautiful goal with a smooth tape-to-tape pass.
Video: FLA@PHI: Barkov, Pysyk combine for pretty goal
9. Jan. 14, 2017: This one is dedicated to every coach that tells you to just put the puck on net and good things will happen. With the puck on his stick as he approaches the goal line, Vincent Trocheck fires a shot from an extremely sharp angle that somehow manages to slip past Blue Jackets goaltender Joonas Korpisalo.
Video: CBJ@FLA: Trocheck scores on shot from the corner
8. April 3, 2017: Jonathan Marchessault patiently carries the puck into the slot before lifting it over the sprawling pad of Montreal goaltender Charlie Lindgren for his 30th goal of the season. With that tally, Marchessault became the first Panthers skater to reach the 30-goal mark since David Booth scored 31 in 2008-09.
Video: MTL@FLA: Marchessault stays patient to pot 30th goal
7. Feb. 20, 2017: With time ticking down in regulation, Vincent Trocheck helped the Panthers secure the franchise's first 5-0-0 road trip with a long slap shot that flies threw traffic and past St. Louis goaltender Jake Allen for the game-winning goal with just 4.3 seconds left on the clock.
Video: FLA@STL: Trocheck tallies late go-ahead goal
6. Feb. 15, 2017: Welcome back, Johnny! In only his fourth game back from injury, Jonathan Huberdeau receives a no-look pass from Aleksander Barkov and slides it past Sharks goaltender Martin Jones for the game-winning goal in overtime.
Video: FLA@SJS: Huberdeau buries Barkov's feed for OT win
5. Feb. 28, 2017: In one of just several of his amazing shootout attempts from this season, Aleksander Barkov deftly skates towards the net at an angle, avoids a poke check from Hurricanes goaltender Cam Ward, and buries a backhander.
Video: CAR@FLA: Barkov pots a backhand shootout goal
4. March 2, 2017: Of all the eight shorthanded goals the Panthers scored this season, the most spectacular just happened to come from a defenseman. After intercepting a pass in the neutral zone, Aaron Ekblad makes a nice move to get around Claude Giroux before unleashing a big slap shot past Flyers goaltender Steve Mason for the shorthanded tally.
Video: FLA@PHI: Ekblad steals, dances around Giroux for SHG
3. Dec. 22, 2016: It wasn't the prettiest point of his career, but it was definitely one of the most significant. Needing just one point to break a tie with Mark Messier for second place on the NHL's all-time list, the puck bounces off Jaromir Jagr's backside and onto the stick of Aleksander Barkov, who cashes in on the easy goal to give Jagr his historic 1,888th point.
Video: BOS@FLA: Jagr passes Messier for second in NHL points
2. Feb. 17, 2017: This goal, like the 45-year-old legend that scored it, only gets better with age. After managing to steal the puck with some excellent forechecking, Jaromir Jagr shows exactly why he's considered to be one of the game's all-time greats, beating Ducks goaltender John Gibson with a series of dazzling dekes.
Video: FLA@ANA: Jagr steals puck and scores after nice dekes
1. Feb. 18, 2017: You shall not pass! That is, of course, unless you're Aleksander Barkov. With four Kings defenders to beat, Barkov skates up the right side of the ice with speed, fends off a hook and backhands the puck past Peter Budaj for an incredible goal.
Video: FLA@LAK: Barkov fights off defender to pot slick goal