The Pens look to extend their 3-game winning streak with a showdown against Metro rival New York Rangers.
MATCH: Penguins vs. Rangers
TIME: 7:30 p.m. EST
PLACE: PPG Paints Arena
RADIO: 105.9 FM, the X
1. The Pens have won 3 straight games and 4 of their last 5. Pittsburgh has 49 points on the season, tied with the Rangers. The Pens sit in the last Wild Card position.
2. The 3-headed monster of Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Phil Kessel combined for 9 points (4G-5A) in Saturday's 4-1 win against Detroit. Crosby and Malkin have combined for 17 points (7G-10A) in the past 3 games.
3. The Pens' power play has 12 goals in the last 10 games, and 4 in the past 2. Pittsburgh's PK unit has killed 22 of the last 23 disadvantages.
4. The Rangers suffered a 7-2 blowout loss at home against the Islanders on Saturday. Goalie Ondrej Pavelec was pulled after allowing 5 goals on 19 shots.
5. Rick Nash has 11 points (7G-4A) in his last 12 games against Pittsburgh, and 19 in his past 22 vs. the Pens.
PIT - Carter Rowney (upper-body), Bryan Rust (upper-body).
NYR - Chris Kreider (blood clot - right arm).
* Head coach Mike Sullivan said that Tristan Jarry will start in goal. It's the second time in his NHL career that he will start games on consecutive days, the first time coming on Dec. 1 and 2 when he stopped 66 of 67 shots in a home-and-home series with Buffalo.
* Matt Murray, who missed the last game for personal reasons, skated this morning. Sullivan said there is no update and he remains status quo. "Matt will address the media at an appropriate time, but at this point, we're giving him his personal space and we're asking everybody to be respectful of that," Sullivan said.