Three Stars of the Week
Ryan Gropp, LW, Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL) - Gropp registered a multi-point game in each of the first four games he played last week, recording nine points (three goals, six assists) over the span. He extended his point streak to a career-high, 16 games, before the streak ended in Seattle's final game of the week on Feb. 19 at Portland.
During his 16-game point streak, Gropp…
- Registered 35 points (14 goals, 21 assists) and a plus-21 rating
- Recorded 26 primary points (either a goal or the primary assist on a goal); 12 of his 21 assists were primary assists
- Posted a six-game assist streak (Jan. 21 - Jan. 31), a seven-game assist streak (Feb. 8 - Feb. 18), and an eight-game goal streak (Feb. 3 - Feb. 14)
- Recorded 11 multi-point games, including eight consecutive multi-point games from Feb. 7 - Feb. 18
- Posted a plus-one rating or better in 13 contests
In addition, the Rangers' second round pick (41st overall) in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft has recorded a point in 21 of the last 23 contests, registering 41 points (16 goals, 25 assists) and a plus-28 rating in those 23 games. Gropp leads Seattle in points (65), is tied for the team lead in goals (25), and ranks second in assists (40) this season, and he has established his WHL career-high in assists in 2016-17.
Tim Gettinger, LW, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL) - Gettinger tallied his second hat trick of the season, tied a single-game OHL career-high with a plus-four rating, recorded six shots on goal, and was selected as the game's First Star on Feb. 18 vs. Niagara. The Rangers' fifth round pick (141st overall) in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft has established OHL career-highs in goals (26) and points (43) this season, and he is tied for second on the team in goals in 2016-17.
Brad Morrison, C, Prince George Cougars (WHL) - Morrison registered three points (one goal, two assists) and a plus-three rating in three games last week, including two assists on Feb. 18 at Kelowna. The Rangers' fourth round pick (113th overall) in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft has registered 51 points (21 goals, 30 assists) and a plus-15 rating in 59 games this season. Morrison has recorded at least 50 points in each of the last three seasons, and he has registered at least 30 assists in each of the last two seasons. He ranks second on Prince George in assists and points, and ranks third on the team in goals this season.