Good morning and welcome to the latest edition of Rats Roundup!
Ice & Dice was hosted at BB&T Center this week, the Cats are hitting the road for three games and more! Sit back, relax and catch up on all the latest Panthers news!
Shipping up to Boston
Following an overtime loss to the Capitals Thursday night, the Cats are headed North for three matchups against the Islanders, Rangers and Bruins.
Follow the game action all weekend long on FloridaPanthers.com for game previews, highlights and 5 Takeaways.
Since both games are at 1 p.m. on Saturday (Islanders) and Sunday (Rangers), gather a group of fellow Panthers fans and watch the games at one of our Territory on Tap locations. Head on over to FloridaPanthers.com/TerritoryOnTap for all information!
Place Your Bets
On Monday, the Panthers, along with BB&T and JetBlue hosted their annual 'Ice & Dice' Casino Night. Fans were given the opportunity to mingle with players, coaches, broadcasters and more to play casino games, enjoy drinks and take part in an auction with proceeds going to the Florida Panthers Foundation.
Panthers forward Frank Vatrano shared his thoughts on the night and was honest when assessing his own performance at the tables.
"It's an enjoyable night. I'm not very good at gambling. I'm 0-for-13 at the roulette table, but it's for a good cause," said Vatrano. "It's been a lot of fun. It's nice to meet the fans that support us… We've already been getting great support from them all year long."
Check out Jameson Olive's recap of the festive night HERE and watch below for highlights of the evening.
Video: Ice & Dice 2019
Also, be sure to check out some star-studded photos of the evening in our photo gallery HERE.
Show Your 'Stache
The month of November is a special one for the NHL and Panthers, as it serves as "Hockey Fights Cancer" month. Players begin to grow some special facial hair to help fundraise for cancer initiatives such as the Moustache Cup.
The Moustache Cup is a one of a kind initiative that will see many NHL players go head-to-head in a month-long fundraising challenge. The Captain for the Panthers team this year is Jonathan Huberdeau, who is already sporting a special handlebar mustache.
Fans can donate to the Panthers team page HERE.
Later this month, the Panthers will host the annual Viktor E. Dash race at BB&T Center.
The Cats will also host Hockey Fights Cancer night, presented with Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, on Nov. 16 against the New York Rangers. There will be special Hockey Fights Cancer pins available for purchase at the Foundation table outside of Club Lexus and fans can bid on Hockey Fights Cancer warmup-worn jerseys.
Click HERE for tickets and click HERE to bid on jerseys!
Connolly Stops by Territory Talk
Brett Connolly joined the Territory Talk podcast this week to discuss his first month of being a Panther, what it's like being a veteran in the NHL and winning a Stanley Cup with the Washington Capitals in 2018.
Other episode highlights include:
• Slow start? No thanks. (1:10).
• An interview with Panthers winger and Stanley Cup champion Brett Connolly. (7:20)
• A good start for Florida's AHL affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds. (23:30)
• Dominic Toninato talks about earning his first call-up to the Panthers. (25:20)
• Jameson picks his Panthers prospect of the week. (28:00)
• Previewing an important upcoming road trip for the Panthers. (30:35)
Listen to the episode below and subscribe to Territory Talk by visiting FloridaPanthers.com/TerritoryTalk.
- Player Blog: Huberdeau Talks Hot Start, Playing with Confidence
- Huberdeau also called into NHL Network to discuss his hot start to the 2019-20 campaign.
Video: Huberdeau talks about his 45 points since March 7th
- Panthers head coach Joel Quenneville called into the At the Rink podcast.
- The Florida Panthers joined Broward Health and the Salah Foundation Children's Hospital for a pep rally to celebrate an exciting partnership!
Video: Broward Health Pep Rally
- Panthers alum Roberto Luongo joined other Broward County sports legends for their induction into the 2019 Broward Sports Hall of Fame.
Video: 2019 Broward Sports Hall of Fame
- Forward Dominic Toninato was recalled from Springfield (AHL).
- In the newest episode of Panthers in Paradise, broadcasters Randy Moller and Steve Goldstein stop by Dania Beach Casino for some poker!