The Chicago Blackhawks today announced panel and fan experience highlights for the team's 12th annual Blackhawks Convention, presented by Magellan Corporation, which runs from Friday, July 26 to Sunday, July 28, at the Hilton Chicago (720 S. Michigan Avenue). The weekend will feature 11 Q&A panels with players and front office staff and three game show-inspired sessions.
Friday kicks off with Opening Ceremonies followed by the all-new Blackhawks Variety Hour featuring player and fan participation in on-stage games, a live band and more. On Saturday, kids under 12 get their chance to play junior reporter in the Kids-Only Press Conference while fans of all ages can watch their favorite alumni take on the players in Blackhawks Family Feud, welcome back 2010 Stanley Cup Champions, hear from Blackhawks leadership and coaches, attend the popular Second City sketch comedy performance and more.
New this year, the Blackhawks will introduce the "Emergency Goalie Challenge," an escape room experience that will challenge fans to solve the clues to make it from the locker room to the ice. Interested fans must sign up in advance on site, subject to availability for groups of 10 or less.
Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz and Hall of Fame goaltender Tony Esposito will also host an exclusive book signing of The Breakaway: The Untold Story of the Chicago Blackhawks' Wirtz Family on Saturday, July 27. Fans can join them from 9 to 10:30 a.m. in the Grand Ballroom to purchase and personalize their copy, with all proceeds going to the Chicago Blackhawks Foundation.
Video: Get ready for the 2019 Blackhawks Convention
Every Convention pass holder will also have the opportunity to participate in the "Scratch and Win Raffle" for a chance to win VIP autograph and photo sessions with Blackhawks players and alumni. Fans should visit Event Registration, located on the lower level in Salon B, and present their Convention pass on site to participate. Registration will open at 12 p.m. on Friday and 8:30 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Additionally, Blackhawks Convention will feature nearly 50 open autograph sessions and photo sessions as well as an Interactive Hall (Salon A) dedicated to family-friendly games and activities, including:
- A Combine obstacle course, where fans can test their skills to see how they match up with the pros, as well as the Inflatable Rink, which will offer various hockey 101 sessions and a chance to play with Blackhawks prospects
- A virtual reality experience that gives fans a behind-the-scenes look at a Blackhawks gameday from some of the most exclusive spots in the United Center
- A Hockey Hall of Fame showcase featuring trophies, Blackhawks artifacts and all six Stanley Cup Championship rings on display
- Fifth Third Arena's Ice Bocce tournament, which combines the backyard game of bocce ball with the on-ice excitement of curling
- The opportunity to Design-Your-Own-Puck, printed in minutes at the on-site Blackhawks Store
- Photo opportunities with the Zamboni, Blackhawks Bluesmobile, One Goal letters and more.
Stay connected all weekend long by visiting the on-site Social Media Lounge and by following #BHC2019. NBC Sports Chicago will once again televise Opening Ceremonies on Friday, and WGN Radio will host various live broadcasts featuring Blackhawks guests throughout the weekend in the Interactive Hall.
Fans are encouraged to refer to the event program, which will be released on blackhawks.com prior to the event, for the full list of activities and sessions, including specific participants, times and locations.
Weekend room packages, which are the only way to guarantee a VIP player autograph, as well as weekend and single-day passes are still available, while supplies last. For more information, or to secure your pass today, please visit Blackhawks.com/Convention.