On Mondays, chicagoblackhawks.com will highlight players who stood out for their minor-league, junior, college or European teams in the previous week's action. All prospect/system stats will be updated weekly throughout the season.
1st Star: D Luc Snuggerud, University of Nebraska-Omaha (NCHC
The Line: 2GP, 2G, 2A
Snuggerud, a 2014 fifth-round pick, extended his point streak to five games with two goals and two assists over the weekend, helping the Mavericks sweep Miami on the road. The Minnesota native picked up an assist on the game-winner in a 6-4 game on Friday, then tallied twice (including the GWG) and added a helper the next night in a 6-2 win. Snuggerud now paces team defensemen and shares fourth among skaters with nine points in 10 games this season.
2nd Star: LW Alexandre Fortin, Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (QMJHL)
The Line: 3GP, 2G, 4A
Fortin, who was tapped for Team QMJHL for the Canada/Russia Series games on Nov. 15 and 17, contributed in all three of Rouyn-Noranda's tilt last week, totaling six points in four games. His best outing was a three-point effort in a 4-3 loss to Quebec on Friday, and he also posted two points in a 4-0 win over Blainville in a First Star performance on Saturday. Fortin now has 14 points in 10 games this season.
3rd Star: LW Brandon Mashinter, Rockford IceHogs (AHL)
The Line: 3GP, hat trick
Mashinter had just one goal entering last week's action, but he scored a hat trick to lead the IceHogs past the Charlotte Checkers on Saturday. The hat trick was Rockford's first of the season and Mashinter's first in the Ameican Hockey League. The 28-year-old now has four goals in 14 games this season.
Around the system:
- Radovan Bondra posted a goal and two assists in two games for the Western Hockey League's Vancouver Giants last week; he shares the team lead with 19 points in 19 games ... Alex DeBrincat notched two goals and three helpers in four games last week for Erie; his 19 goals in 18 games pace the Ontario Hockey League ... Graham Knott was acquired from Niagara by the Windsor Spitfires on Friday, and in three games split between the clubs, he collected three assists ... Nathan Noel contributed a goal and two assists in two games for Saint John last week; he has 16 points in 19 games this season.
- Boston College senior Chris Calnan tallied a goal and an assist to help the Eagles go 2-0 over the weekend; he has nine points in 12 games this year ... Dylan Sikura Sikura scored a goal for Northeastern in a 5-2 loss to Notre Dame on Saturday; Sunday's rematch between the two teams was suspended due to Zamboni issues ... Fighting Irish defenseman Dennis Gilbert contributed two helpers in Saturday's win over the Huskies.
- Anthony Louis had a big week for Miami of Ohio despite losing a weekend set to UNO. The 2013 sixth-rounder picked up three points (2G, 1A) on Friday to reach the 100-point mark in his collegiate career, including a highlight-reel spin-o-rama goal, before adding a helper on Saturday ... Matt Iacopelli tallied his 10th goal of the season and added an assist to help Western Michigan University defeat Minnesota-Duluth 4-3 on Friday; he shares second in the NCAA in goals ... Denver defenseman Blake Hillman collected a pair of helpers in a 3-2 win at North Dakota on Saturday and now has four assists in nine games this year.
- John Hayden tallied twice for Yale in a 6-3 loss to Cornell on Saturday after picking up a helper in a 4-1 loss to Colgate the night before ... Cornell sophomore Beau Starrett scored in a 4-2 win over Brown on Friday and notched an assist in Saturday's victory over Yale.
- Victor Svedberg notched two assists in three games for Rockford last week and now has five assists on the season ... Sam Carrick assisted on two of Mashinter's three goals in Saturday's win over Charlotte ... Kyle Baun tallied his second goal of the year in a 3-1 loss to Ontario on Sunday and now has three points this season ... Goaltender Lars Johansson went 1-1-0-0 in two starts last weekend. He made 28 saves against Charlotte to notch his first AHL shutout and improve to a .919 save percentage and 2.25 goals-against average in 11 games.