San Jose's 2020 Draft Picks finding success early in their respective seasons, Robins named WHL Player of the Month.
Let's take a dive into this week's update of our Next Wave report, presented by Kaiser Permanente:
2020 Draft Selection Tristen Robins was named the WHL Player of the Month for the month of October, racking up eight goals, 15 assists and 23 points, leading his team in the latter two categories. To end the month of October, Robins put up four points, including a hat trick, on October 27th versus the Moose Jaw Warriors. Robins was named the first star in Saskatoon's 6-2 victory.
Another 2020 Draft selection from the Sharks made waves to open up the season, as Danil Gushchin recorded his first OHL hat trick to help Niagara to an 8-5 win on October 21st against the Barrie Colts. Named first star of the game and CHL Player of the Night, Gushchin finished the contest with five points (three goals, two assists). Through his first 11 games of the season, Gushchin has started strong with nine goals, five assists and 14 points.
First Start, First Win
Barracuda goaltender Zachary Emond, who was called up to the team on November 2nd, made his first AHL start, and picked up his first AHL win, on November 7th versus the Texas Stars. Emond stopped 28 of the 33 shots he faced.
• This past week's Sharks Prospect of the Week, Evgenii Kashnikov currently has six points (four goals, two assists) in his first 13 games of the season. The 2021 NHL Draft selection recorded five of his six points in five games and co-leads the team with a plus/minus of plus-three.
• Noah Gregor leads the Barracuda with eight points in six games this season (three goals, five assists), and has recorded 23 shots on goal.
• Thomas Bordeleau is in the top three among Michigan skaters in assists (nine) and points (11) and is one of eleven Michigan players to appear in all ten games this season.
• Jake McGrew picked up his first career multi-goal game (two goals) in the Barracuda's 7-5 win over Texas on November 7th, the team's largest goal total in a game this season.
• Goaltender Magnus Chrona began the season 3-0-0 and set a career-high .905 save percentage in his season debut versus Arizona State.
• Brandon Coe currently leads the North Bay Battalion in points (21) and assists (15) in 14 games this season.
For the full Sharks player report, click here.