The San Jose Sharks Community Relations Department offers in-kind donation items (autographed merchandise) for non-profit organizations that serve youth and family services, youth education and/or those groups that provide enrichment activities for the underserved.
We ask that organizations seeking a donation understand the following:
- The San Jose Sharks do not accept donation requests via mail, email, fax or telephone. All donation requests must be submitted online using the request form below
- Requests must be received at least six (6) weeks prior to the event date
- No telephone or email follow-ups will be accepted
- If approved, all items donated are at the discretion of the San Jose Sharks
- The San Jose Sharks will not accept items to be autographed and cannot mail any items outside of North America
Because the Sharks receive hundreds of donation requests each week, the demand far outweighs our ability to offer support via item donation. Therefore, the Sharks do not have items in our inventory that are designated for the following:
- Schools, athletic programs and organizations outside of the Bay Area
- Pre-schools, nursery schools, or private schools
- Individual participation fundraisers (walk-a-thons, Team-in-Training, Relay For Life, etc.)
- Second party fundraising initiatives
- Recreational activities (camps, scout troops, sports leagues, field trips, graduation nights, etc.)
- Political or religious groups
- Incentive programs
The San Jose Sharks provide monetary donations only through grants from the Sharks Foundation. For information on the Sharks Foundation's Community Assist Grant Program, please visit https://www.nhl.com/sharks/sharksfoundation/grant-funding.
The San Jose Sharks have elected to provide assistance to schools in our area through initiatives such as our Reading is Cool program (currently 39,000 participants) and the Bay Area All-Star Scholarship Team. The aforementioned programming is all offered free of charge and centers upon literacy, recognizing high achievement (on-and-off the field/court/ice) and the importance of positive behavior.
The San Jose Sharks would like to thank those groups that are committed to making a positive difference in the community.
The San Jose Sharks and the Sharks Foundation are generally not able to provide tickets to San Jose Sharks games or other events occurring at the SAP Center at San Jose, either for fundraising or group outing purposes. On the limited occasions when tickets are available, only current and past Sharks Foundation Grant Recipients are eligible. Groups will be contacted at the discretion of the Sharks Foundation and may not requests specific events.