CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed
Club collects, uses, and discloses personal information as set forth in the Policy.
Effective as of January 1, 2023, Club may collect the following categories of personal information that are processed pursuant to the Privacy Laws:
- Identifiers, such as your contact information and online account information;
- Internet and electronic network activity information, such as information about your interactions with Club websites, mobile applications, and social media pages;
- Audio, electronic, or visual information;
- Professional information;
- Education information;
- Inferences about you, including about your preferences;
- Financial information and other information as described above that may be considered personal information under Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80;
- Protected classifications under California or federal law;
- Commercial information including records or products or services purchased;
- Biometric information;
- Geolocation data;
- Sensitive personal information, which is personal information that reveals an individual's personal information, such as social security number, driver's license number, state identification card or passport number; account log-in, financial account, debit card or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; an individual's precise geolocation; and an individual's racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs or union membership.
Please see our Policy for more information about our information collection practices.
We do not, and will not without your consent, "sell" personal information for purposes of the Privacy Laws. As set forth in the Policy, we disclose personal information to third parties for business purposes, including without limitation, for purposes of advertising, marketing, and other services performed on our behalf, to protect against fraud and malicious activity, and for other business purposes described in the Policy. We have disclosed each of the above-listed categories of personal information for such business purposes. In addition, your information may be accessible to third parties with whom you interact or direct us to share your information through our services.
Rights under CA Privacy Laws
The Privacy Laws allow California-resident consumers and California-resident Employees to request that a business that collects individual's personal information give such individual access, upon a verifiable request, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of personal information that the business has collected about the individual, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. California resident consumers and California resident Employees also have the right to submit a request for deletion or correction of personal information under certain circumstances, although there may be legal or other reasons that Club must retain your information consistent with California law. Employee data is retained in accordance with applicable laws and pursuant to Club's Document Retention Policy. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices, although some of the functionality and features available to you may change or no longer be available to you if you request deletion of your information. Any differences in the services are related to the value provided.
Please submit your request by completing our online form available at https://www.nhl.com/sharks/team/ccpa-form or by calling our CCPA hotline at (877) 581-5155. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We reserve the right to deny requests in certain circumstances, such as where we have a reasonable belief that the request is fraudulent.
For information and questions about the use of your personal information (including sensitive personal information), this Notice or your rights under California law (including the Privacy Laws), you may contact us at [email protected].