Throughout the 2018-19 regular and postseason, for each goal scored by a Sharks player a $1,000 donation was split amongst six non-profits through the Goals for Kids program.
Thanks to the hard work on the ice and the generous support of the program partners, Goals for Kids raised a record-breaking $343,000, providing each beneficiary with a $57,166 donation!
Funding will support the following:
- Books Aloud Inc.: Funds will create 47 youth mini libraries, which consist of 24 books and two tablets each, for Title I schools and community centers in the Bay Area.
- Loved Twice: Funds will secure 61,500 baby garments to supply roughly 820 low-income parents in Santa Clara County with clothing for their newborns.
- Okizu: Funds will send 57 youth affected by childhood cancer to Camp Okizu this summer.
- Racing Hearts: Funds will purchase 80 AED machines, which will be deployed into San Jose Police patrol cars and will eventually impact more than 1 million people in San Jose.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties: Funds will provide 114,333 nutritious meals to underserved youth and families.
- Special Olympics Northern California: Funds will support 457 children and adults with intellectual disabilities through free health screenings and sports competitions across the Bay Area.
Overall, the program impacted an estimated 125,177 lives!
The Sharks Foundation would like to thank its 2018-19 season partners: the Koret Foundation, Taube Philanthropies, Druva, Meriwest Credit Union, the Sobrato Organization and SWENSON.
View on Mobile