2017 San Jose Sharks 6 Game Flex Plan Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
2017-18 SAN JOSE SHARKS 6 GAME FLEX PLAN SWEEPSTAKES (THE "PROMOTION") IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA WHO ARE AT LEAST AGE 18 ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
THE PROMOTION BEGINS ON AUGUST 21, 2017, AND ENDS AT 5:00:00 P.M. (PT) ON OCTOBER 4, 2017 (THE "PROMOTION PERIOD").
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Promotion you must complete the form on the Promotion page at www.sjsharks.com/sweeps (the "Website") during the Promotion Period. Follow the provided instructions to complete and submit an entry form with your name, phone number and email address (the "Entry"). Only one (1) Entry per person per household will be eligible. After you submit the form, you will be qualified to win a Prize. Duplicate Entries will be disqualified. All Entries become the property of the Sharks and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sharks computer is the official timekeeper for the Promotion. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt. Sharks reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it has reason to believe was not submitted in accordance with these Official Rules. Sharks are not responsible for any inability by potential entrants to connect to the Internet or to access the Website.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) winner will be randomly selected by Sharks personnel from among all eligible entries on or about October 11, 2017 for a total of up to one prize winner. Promotion administration and selection of potential winners are final and binding. Failure to comply with the Validation process described herein and/or any other term contained in these Official Rules when requested may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative winner.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open only to legal residents of California, 18 years of age or older, with access to the Website on the date of entry. Employees of the Sharks, its advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Promotion, and their respective subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such employees, are not eligible to participate or win. By entering the Promotion, you are bound by and agree to these Official Rules. Purchasing Internet access, a computer and/or any other device for the purpose of participating in the Promotion is expressly prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
4. VALIDATION: Potential winners will be notified by phone and/or email using the contact information provided. Each winner may be required to sign and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility/release of liability. The Sharks shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. Winner must respond to prize notification and accept prize within twenty four (24) hours after initial notification attempt. If a potential winner does not respond and accept the prize within twenty four (24) hours after the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
5. PRIZES AND ODDS: One (1) prize is available (the "Prize"). Winner will be able to choose one (1) "Six Game Flex Plan" consisting of two (2) Lower Bowl non-club tickets to six (6) 2017-18 NHL regular season San Jose Sharks games played at SAP Center at San Jose of the winner's choice, subject to availability. Approximate retail value of the prize is $1,800. Limit one prize per household. Games available for the Prize may be chosen by winner in accordance with the following table:
Flex Plan Games Available
Included 10/04/2017 vs Philadelphia Flyers (Opening Night)
12/23/2017 vs Los Angeles Kings
01/13/2018 vs Arizona Coyotes
02/10/2018 vs Edmonton Oilers
04/07/2018 vs Minnesota Wild
10/14/2017 vs New York Islanders
10/30/2017 vs Toronto Maple Leafs
11/04/2017 vs Anaheim Ducks
11/18/2017 vs Boston Bruins
11/25/2017 vs Winnipeg Jets
12/09/2017 vs Ottawa Senators
03/01/2018 vs Chicago Black Hawks
03/10/2018 vs Washington Capitals
03/24/2018 vs Calgary Flames
09/19/2017 vs Anaheim Ducks (Preseason)
09/21/2017 vs Vegas Golden Knights (Preseason)
09/30/2017 vs Arizona Coyotes (Preseason)
10/12/2017 vs Buffalo Sabres
10/14/2017 vs New York Islanders
10/17/2017 vs Montreal Canadiens
11/01/2017 vs Nashville Predators
11/08/2017 vs Tampa Bay Lightning
11/11/2017 vs Vancouver Canucks
11/18/2017 vs Florida Panthers
11/20/2017 vs Anaheim Ducks
12/07/2017 vs Carolina Hurricanes
12/10/2017 vs Minnesota Wild
12/21/2017 vs Vancouver Canucks
12/28/2017 vs Calgary Flames
01/23/2018 vs Winnipeg Jets
01/25/2018 vs New York Rangers
02/08/2018 vs Vegas Golden Knights
02/13/2018 vs Arizona Coyotes
02/15/2018 vs Vancouver Canucks
02/18/2018 vs Dallas Stars
02/27/2018 vs Edmonton Oilers
03/04/2018 vs Columbus Blue Jackets
03/08/2018 vs St. Louis Blues
03/12/2018 vs Detroit Red Wings
03/20/2018 vs New Jersey Devils
03/22/2018 vs Vegas Golden Knights
04/03/2018 vs Dallas Stars
04/05/2018 vs Colorado Avalanche
No substitution permitted, except by the Sharks, who reserve the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if announced prize becomes unavailable. No transfer of any prize is permitted. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received during the entry. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to the Prize, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, taxes (including without limitation income taxes) and gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of winner. A winner may be required to provide the Sharks with certain personal information to comply with tax reporting rules as a result of accepting a Prize. NHL event dates, or the rescheduling of a designated event, and times are determined in the sole discretion of the NHL, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets to the event awarded with the Prize will govern in the event that an event, as defined by the National Hockey League, does not occur due to weather, an Act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at the Sharks sole discretion. The Sharks will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the selected event. Winners shall assume all risks associated with travel to and from the mutually agreed upon NHL games, lodging and attending the NHL games.
6. PUBLICITY AND USE OF LIKENESS: By entering the Promotion, you certify, warrant, represent, agree and covenant to San Jose Sharks, LLC, Sharks Sports & Entertainment LLC, San Jose Arena Management, LLC, the National Hockey League (the "NHL"), and all others acting with the Sharks' authority (collectively, the "Releasees") the following:
RIGHT TO USE & OWNERSHIP. The Releasees shall have the perpetual and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, print, publish and disseminate in all manners and media your name, image, voice, appearance and other identifying information provided in connection with the Promotion (the "Likeness"), and to record, broadcast and otherwise exploit the Likeness in any and all promotions, advertisements and/or public displays or announcements of any kind and in any and all media. The Releasees shall have full and exclusive ownership and control of any video, photograph or recording of the Likeness (the "Material"). You shall have no rights to such Material, and the Releasees may use, alter or modify all or part of the Material and Likeness, regardless of whether you are recognizable. You acknowledge and understand that the Releasees make no representations that the Likeness or Material will or will not be used in any specified way. 7.
7. RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION: You acknowledge that you receive material benefit from participation in the Promotion and, in consideration, agree to fully and completely, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (i) WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE the Releasees from and with respect to any and all liability, claims, damages, losses, expenses, demands, suits, actions, fines and/or judgments, including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees, court costs and litigation expenses (the "Claims"), related to or arising from the subject of these Official Rules and this agreement to be bound by them, including, but not limited to, claims arising from or related to the Releasees' negligence; and (ii) INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees from any Claims asserted against the Releasees caused by, in whole or in part, or arising from, directly or indirectly, your involvement with the Promotion and/or violation of these Official Rules.
By entering, you agree to that you: (i) understand all terms of these Official Rules, (ii) have full knowledge of the foregoing content and significance, including that, through these Official Rules, you give up legal rights that may otherwise be available, and (iii) enter into this Promotion and accept these terms and conditions freely and voluntarily, without inducement or coercion. You further agree to waive any rights under §1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, and all similar laws of any jurisdiction, providing:
A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. The Sharks are not responsible for late, lost and/or incomplete entries, which will be disqualified. By entering, you agree and accept to be bound by these complete Official Rules, which shall be final. The Sharks have the right to modify these rules in its sole discretion for clarification purpose without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion. Except where prohibited, winner grants the Sharks the right to use and publish his or her proper name and likeness and announce winner's name, home city and state. Entrants enter at their own risk. No responsibility is assumed for and the Sharks and its agents shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, incomplete, ineligible or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software program, network, Internet or computer failures or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sharks that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical error in any materials associated with these Official Rules or the Promotion generally. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the Promotion and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release the Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents from any such liability. The Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Promotion. The Sharks may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Promotion, if at the sole discretion of the Sharks, such person shows a disregard for these Official Rules, or acts (1) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, the Sharks, or it agents or representatives; or (2) in any other disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant entering via the methods set forth above in paragraph #1, the authorized account holder will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" is the natural person in whose name the phone has been issued and to whom services are billed. "Authorized account holder" of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and the Sharks in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. The Sharks' decisions as to all matters related to the conduct or administration of the Promotion and selection of the Prize winner are final.
10. SPONSORS/ADMINISTRATOR: San Jose Sharks, LLC, 525 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113.
11. NAME OF WINNER: A list of Winners may be obtained by sending a request for such a list and a properly stamped, self-addressed envelope to 2017-18 San Jose Sharks 6 Game Flex Plan Sweepstakes Winners List, 525 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113.The name of the winners will not be posted online at www.SJSHARKS.com.