The Calgary Flames Foundation is thrilled to announce the distribution of over $1.2 million to southern Alberta charities in support of annual Calgary Flames Foundation programs and partnerships. Funds are directed to charities and organizations in Calgary and southern Alberta that are supported by the Calgary Flames Foundation every year. These programs serve the mandate of the Calgary Flames Foundation by promoting health and wellness primarily among youth, support of various educational programs and scholarship opportunities and continuing to address and work to eliminate barriers to participation in sport and hockey.
These programs and charities include:
- ROTARY FLAMES HOUSE through the Alberta Children's Hospital Foundation: southern Alberta's first free-standing youth hospice
- FLAMES YMCA GRADE 6 MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM: Offering 12 month memberships to the YMCA for any grade six student in Calgary at no cost.
- KIDS CANCER CARE FOUNDATION OF ALBERTA PEER PROGRAM: A research-based exercise program designed to help ease the long-term impact of cancer and its treatments on children.
- CALGARY FLAMES SPORTS BANK: Provides sports equipment and supplies to families and youth in need for over 20 sports and activities.
- FLAMES EVENSTRENGTH PROGRAM extended throughout southern Alberta: a financial assistance program for minor hockey registration fees.
- CALGARY FLAMES COMMUNITY HOUSE LEAGUE: A Hockey Calgary league in which teams play a set schedule twice a week, have a standardized fee and inter-regional play. for over 20 sports and activities.
- HOCKEY CALGARY SUPPORT PROGRAMS: Include coaching programs, Novice rink boards and minor hockey clinic programming.
- HEROS AND SUPERHEROS: HEROS supports youth with barriers to access sport in their communities due to poverty and other related social issues. SuperHEROS is open to youth with physical and cognitive challenges aged seven to 17.
- HOCKEY ALBERTA FOUNDATION'S EVERY KID EVERY COMMUNITY: Provides grants to minor hockey projects and associations in Alberta.
- PARKS FOUNDATION CALGARY: Support of playground and outdoor rink builds and refurbishment projects in Calgary.
- READING…GIVE IT SHOT! AND HARVEY'S LITTLE READERS: The Calgary Flames literacy program for grades 1 through 6 in partnership with The Education Partnership Foundation.
- FLAMES@SCHOOL PROGRAM PRESENTED BY DESJARDINS INSURANCE: An online resource for teachers and parents focused on health and wellness and grade school subject matter.
- CALGARY FLAMES SCHOLARSHIPS: Provided to students at the University of Calgary, SAIT, Mount Royal University, University of Lethbridge, Lethbridge College, Medicine Hat College and Red Deer College.
- POST-SECONDARY MEN'S AND WOMEN'S HOCKEY PROGRAMS
The Calgary Flames Foundation is also looking forward to welcoming grassroots sports teams back to the Scotiabank Saddledome concourse during Calgary Flames home games to sell 50/50 tickets. Sports teams earn a honourarium towards team fundraising as part of the program.
The Calgary Flames Foundation is proud to work with charities and organizations in our community to create impactful programming that serves the mandate of the Calgary Flames Foundation.
The mandate of the Calgary Flames Foundation is to improve the lives of southern Albertans through support of health and wellness, education and grassroots sports programs. Since the ownership group brought the team to Calgary in 1980 the Calgary Flames Foundation has injected over $50 million into the community. Since March 2020 the Calgary Flames Foundation COVID-19 Community Support Program has distributed over $3.5 million. Most recently, the Calgary Flames Foundation also announced the creation of the CSEC Inclusion Program, including a $2 million commitment to sport inclusion.
For more information and for details on the above programs visit www.calgaryflamesfoundation.com.