- Rick Ball, Kelly Hrudey, Cassie Campbell-Pascall and Ryan Leslie return as Flames television broadcast team
- Derek Wills, Peter Loubardias and Pat Steinberg deliver all 82 Flames games on Sportsnet 960 The FAN
- Blackout-free Flames broadcasts available on Sportsnet NOW+ and NHL LIVE
As the 40th season of the Calgary Flames gets underway, Sportsnet is lacing up to deliver exclusive coverage of all 82 Flames matchups on television, radio, live streaming services and across digital platforms.
The Flames start their 40th campaign in the Mile High City on Thursday, Oct. 3 as they meet 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs rival Colorado Avalanche at 7 p.m. MT on Sportsnet West, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet NOW, Sportsnet NOW+ and NHL Live.
Sportsnet will also serve up a pre-season showdown between the Flames and division rival Vancouver Canucks on Monday, Sept. 16 on Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet West (full broadcast schedule attached and online).
Key details of the 2019-20 Calgary Flames season exclusively on Sportsnet:
Sportsnet West is the home of regional Calgary Flames broadcasts this season, with four additional games available on Sportsnet Flames, the Sportsnet ONE companion channel. Sportsnet's regional broadcast team features:
- Veteran play-by-play announcer Rick Ball and game analysts Kelly Hrudey or Cassie Campbell-Pascall
- Real-time updates and exclusive player interviews from reporter Ryan Leslie
- Live home-game panel discussion anchored by Leslie
Highlights from Sportsnet's regional Flames broadcast schedule include:
- Nine all-Canadian matchups on Sportsnet West• Three rematches against playoff rival Colorado Avalanche
- Two November meetings with 2019 Stanley Cup Champions St. Louis Blues
Available to hockey fans coast-to-coast, Sportsnet's national Flames broadcast schedule includes:
- 15 appearances on Hockey Night in Canada, including two battle of Alberta showdowns against the Edmonton Oilers
- A Pacific Division matchup against the Vancouver Canucks for Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada on Feb. 8
- An outdoor meeting with the Winnipeg Jets at the 2019 Tim Hortons Heritage Classic™ in Regina, SK on Oct. 26
Radio - Sportsnet 960 The FAN
The exclusive radio home of the Flames, Sportsnet 960 The FAN is set to deliver all 82 regular season matchups. The station's hockey coverage features:
- Radio play-by-play announcer Derek Wills alongside game analyst Peter Loubardias
- Pre- and post-game analysis with host Pat Steinberg
- Sportsnet 960 The FAN will also deliver all pre-season Flames games, complete with one-hour pre- and post-game coverage.
Digital - Sportsnet.ca & Sportsnet app
As Canada's ultimate online hockey destination, Sportsnet.ca and the Sportsnet app deliver exclusive Flames coverage throughout the season, including:
- In-depth columns and features from Flames insider Eric Francis
- Videos, highlights and interviews on Sportsnet's Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts
As Canada's Home of Hockey and the exclusive English-language national broadcast rights holder of NHL games in Canada, Sportsnet is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN) and Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN). In addition to regular season coverage of Canada's NHL teams, Sportsnet's 2019-20 national broadcast schedule also features the biggest events of the NHL season, including the 2020 NHL All-Star Game, the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs and the 2020 Stanley Cup Final.