With the 2019 NHL Draft approaching, the Blackhawks will make their highest pick since 2007 - when they selected a teenager from Buffalo named Patrick Kane first overall. This week, Blackhawks.com will take a look at five top prospects Chicago will likely be considering if consensus top picks Jack Hughes and Kaapo Kakko are off the board in Vancouver.
Next up is imposing center Kirby Dach of the Saskatoon Blades:
Saskatoon Blades (2016-2019)
- Racked up 73 points (25G, 48A) for Saskatoon this season.
- Finished among his team's top four skaters in goals, assists and points.
- Helped lead the Blades to the conference semifinals of the WHL playoffs.
- Recorded 8 points (5G, 3A) in 10 postseason games with Saskatoon in 2019.
Team Canada (2019)
- Made his international debut with Canada at the 2017 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
- Finished second on the team in scoring with 7 points for Canada (1G, 6A)
- Represented Canada at the 2018 Hlinka Gretzky Cup.
- Racked up 7 points (2G, 5A) as Canada took home the Gold.
What They're Saying
"Some scouts would like to see a little more fire in his game and would like him to shoot the puck more, but Dach remains a coveted prospect thanks to his special combination of size, skill and hockey sense...His ability to make the right play with the puck will make him a coveted commodity." - The Hockey News (#4 prospect in 2019 NHL Draft, #3 Center)
"I think the 200-foot versatility offered by Saskatoon's Kirby Dach will win out. His ability to slow the game down, vision and play making ability will allow him to start down the lineup and gradually move into a more central roll." - Ryan Wagman, Yahoo Sports (#3 prospect in 2019 NHL Draft, #2 Center)
"Dach is a big, versatile forward who has high-end playmaking skills. He isn't necessarily explosive, but his hockey-sense is high end, and he can pick teams apart in the offensive zone." - Chris Peters, ESPN (#6 prospect in 2019 NHL Draft, #3 Center)
What He's Saying
Video: Kirby Dach on the NHL Combine, Draft