DUCKS SURVIVE OILERS RALLY TO CUT SERIES DEFICIT TO 2-1
The Edmonton Oilers erased a 3-0 deficit, but the Anaheim Ducks scored three unanswered goals, including the go-ahead goal 48 seconds after the Oilers had tied the game, and won 6-3 to cut their Western Conference Second Round series deficit to 2-1.
* The Ducks surrendered a three-goal lead and won a game in the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the second time, according to the Elias Sports Bureau; they also did it in a 5-4 overtime win against the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2015 Western Conference Final. The Ducks became just the fifth team in NHL postseason history to surrender a lead of three or more goals and win by a margin of at least three.
* Jakob Silfverberg (2-1-3) had his first NHL postseason multigoal game and now has scored in three consecutive playoff games (4-1-5). He ranks second in the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs with six goals (6-2-8), behind only the Pittsburgh Penguins' Jake Guentzel (7-3-10).
* Rickard Rakell opened the scoring 25 seconds into the game, the fastest goal to begin a playoff game in Ducks history. The NHL record for the fastest goal to start a postseason game is six seconds, set by the Los Angeles Kings' Don Kozak against the Boston Bruins on April 17, 1977.
Video: Silfverberg leads Ducks' offense in 6-3 win in Game 3
Home Team in Caps
NASHVILLE 3, St. Louis 1 - NSH leads 2-1
Anaheim 6, EDMONTON 3 - EDM leads 2-1
DEFENSEMEN GUIDE PREDATORS TO 2-1 SERIES LEAD
Defensemen Ryan Ellis and Roman Josi each scored to help the Nashville Predators take a 2-1 lead in their Western Conference Second Round series against the St. Louis Blues. The Predators improved to 6-1 during the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs, including 3-0 at Bridgestone Arena.
* Predators defensemen have combined for a League-leading seven goals in seven playoff games. Their seven goals match the Predators record for most in a single postseason by defensemen, set in 14 games in 2016.
* Ellis opened the scoring to push his point streak to six games (3-5-8), extending the longest such run by a defenseman in Predators playoff history. Elias adds that one other Predators player has recorded a point streak of six or more postseason games: forward Colin Wilson in 2016 (4-5-9 in 7 GP).
* Elias notes that when teams are tied 1-1 in a best-of-7 series, the winner of Game 3 owns an all-time series record of 204-99 (67.3 percent).
Video: Ellis, Josi lift Predators past Blues in Game 3
The Predators have won seven consecutive postseason games at Bridgestone Arena dating to Game 6 of the 2016 Western Conference First Round against the Ducks. … Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf (1-1-2) scored his 34th NHL playoff goal to move within one of tying Teemu Selanne (35) for the most in Ducks history. … Predators goaltender Pekka Rinne made 22 saves to improve to 6-1 with a 1.38 goals-against average, .950 save percentage and two shutouts in seven playoff games. … ICYMI: Country music group Little Big Town performed "The Star-Spangled Banner" prior to Game 3 between the Blues and Predators. … The fans at Rogers Place came to the rescue after country music star Brett Kissel's microphone malfunctioned during the U.S. national anthem.
SNEAK PEEK AT MONDAY'S ACTION
All Times Eastern
Washington @ Pittsburgh, PIT leads 2-0, 7:30 p.m. ET, CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN