Hockey season is almost upon us, which means that Saturday will be a busy day in downtown St. Paul. As the Wild takes the ice at 9:45 a.m. for an open practice, here's everything you need to know about.
1. Single-game tickets go on sale: Saturday is your first chance to score single-game tickets for Minnesota's regular season games. You can buy tickets at the Xcel Energy Center box office starting at 9 a.m. If you can't make it to St. Paul to purchase tickets in person, tickets will go on sale via Ticketmaster at 12 p.m. Stay tuned in to the Wild's social media accounts for more ticket information on the day of.
2. Breakaway Run begins at 8:30 a.m.: The Minnesota Wild Breakaway Run presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota benefitting the Herb Brooks Foundation will take place Saturday in downtown St. Paul. The run, which includes the 10K, 5K and one-mile distances, will take all participants up "Herbie's Hill" -- the hill on East Second Street between Jackson Street and Kellogg Boulevard. All participants will receive a shirt, and all finishers will get a medal. Registration is open now until race time Saturday, and you can also register in person near Gate 2.
3. The Minnesota Wild is hosting an open practice: Like it has in training camps past, the Wild will open its doors to the public at 9 a.m. Saturday when it practices. It will be the only open practice during training camp, and concessions will be available. Players will be on the ice 45 minutes after doors open.
4. Herbie's on the Park is holding its grand opening: Herbie's on the Park, Craig Leipold's venture with Levy Restaurants, will open for brunch at 10 a.m. Saturday. Click here to learn more about Herbie's on the Park, or click here to view its brunch menu.
5. Plan ahead for traffic closures: Interstate 35E will be closed in both directions between Interstate 94 and Shepard Road starting at 10 p.m. Friday. Traffic will be rerouted to U.S. 61 (northbound) and U.S. 52 (southbound). Make sure you build extra time into your trip so you don't miss all the action in downtown St. Paul. Fans are also encouraged to park in the RiverCentre Ramp and to enter through the lower entrance on Exchange Street to avoid Breakaway Run traffic.