With Saturday's 3-2 win over Cleveland, the Rochester Americans closed out the month of November on a 10-game point streak (8-0-1-1) while also earning 30 out of a possible 40 points through their first 20 contests of the campaign.
Additionally, Rochester has picked up points in 15 of the last 17 contests overall, going 11-2-2-2 over that span. Rochester enters the week three points behind the Toronto Marlies for the top spot in the AHL's North Division going into Wednesday's rematch at Blue Cross Arena.
The Amerks open a season-long four-game homestand on Wednesday. This weekend, they'll also host the defending Calder Cup champion Charlotte Checkers on back-to-back nights.
|Player ||GP ||G ||A ||PTS |
|1. Andrew Oglevie ||20 ||9 ||7 ||16 |
|2. Kevin Porter ||20 ||5 ||10 ||15 |
|3. Brett Murray ||15 ||3 ||11 ||14 |
|4. Jean-Sebastien Dea* ||18 ||7 ||6 ||13 |
|Scott Wilson ||18 ||6 ||7 ||13 |
|Zach Redmond ||17 ||2 ||11 ||13 |
|*On recall with Buffalo |
|Player ||GP ||W ||L ||OTL ||GAA ||SV% |
|Jonas Johansson ||11 ||6 ||2 ||2 ||2.32 ||.917 |
|Andrew Hammond ||11 ||7 ||1 ||2 ||2.66 ||.902 |
News and notes
- After an injury-riddled rookie season limited him to just 28 games, Andrew Oglevie has certainly made up for lost time in his second season with the Amerks.
- In just two months' time, Oglevie has already surpassed his goal (5), assist (5) and point (10) total from last season and now paces the Amerks with nine goals and 16 points while tied for third in assists.
- Oglevie, who is one of just three skaters to appear in all 20 games this season, enters the week riding a career-long seven-game point streak, including goals in five of six games over that span.
- His best performance came this past Saturday when he recorded his first pro hat trick by scoring all three goals in Rochester's 3-2 road win at Cleveland.
- The second-year pro scored once in each period while single-handedly outscoring the Monsters to push the Amerks' point streak to 10 straight games. He's also netted the game-winning goal in three of his last six appearances.
- With a point on Wednesday, the Amerks would push their point streak to 11 games, their first since Oct. 12 to Nov. 10 during the 2009-10 season.
- In each of the last three seasons, Rochester has posted three different 10-game point streaks, with two of the three coming prior to the Christmas break.
- With three points on Saturday, both Oglevie (7+3) and Kevin Porter (2+7) extended their point streaks to a career-long seven games, while rookie forward Brett Murray pushed his to five games as he has one goal, six assists and a pair of multi-point efforts during that span.
- Porter, who appeared in his 500th AHL game this past Friday, produced his first three-assist effort on Saturday since Feb. 10, 2017 with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
- Murray, meanwhile, begins the week tied for sixth in scoring among all AHL rookies with 14 points (3+11) in 14 games while being held off the scoresheet only four times this season.
- Saturday night, goaltender Jonas Johansson improved his record to an AHL-best 6-2-2 while also upping his win streak to four games as he made 24 saves.
- Hammond, the other half of Rochester's goaltending tandem, boasts a 7-1-2 record on the season while his seven wins are tied for 10th among all netminders. In his last six starts, Hammond has posted four wins, two shutouts, a 1.59 goals-against average and a .943 save percentage.