Auston Matthews of the Toronto Maple Leafs had the top-selling jersey on the Fanatics network of ecommerce sites, including Shop.NHL.com, NHLShop.ca and Fanatics.com, during the 2017-18 regular season.
Matthews, who had 63 points (34 goals, 29 assists) in his second season in the NHL, finished ahead of Pittsburgh Penguins forward Sidney Crosby, who had the best-selling jersey last season. The 20-year-old forward won the Calder Trophy last season as NHL rookie of the year.
"We've got unbelievable fans here and every time we play it's awesome seeing your jersey in the stands," Matthews said Friday. "It's definitely something I don't take for granted."
Rounding out the top five jerseys were Edmonton Oilers forward Connor McDavid, Vegas Golden Knights goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, and New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist.
Top 15 selling NHL jerseys
1. Auston Matthews, Toronto Maple Leafs
2. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Connor McDavid, Edmonton Oilers
4. Marc-Andre Fleury, Vegas Golden Knights
5. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
6. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
7. Mats Zuccarello, New York Rangers
8. Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks
9. Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks
10. Vladimir Tarasenko, St. Louis Blues
11. Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins
12. T.J. Oshie, Washington Capitals
13. Jack Eichel, Buffalo Sabres
14. Andrei Vasilevskiy, Tampa Bay Lightning
15. Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins