The Blues were 1-0-1 against the Penguins last season, which included a 4-3 OT loss on Nov. 25 in Pittsburgh and a 5-2 win on Jan. 18 in St. Louis. Overall, the Blues have won six of their last nine against the Penguins and have earned points in eight of those games (6-1-2). The Blues are riding a four-game point streak at PPG Paints Arena (3-0-1) and haven't lost in regulation there since Oct. 20, 2009.
What to Watch
Carter Hutton will start in goal for the Blues. He has made three career appearances against the Penguins, posting a 0.60 goals-against average and a .976 save-percentage in just under 100 total minutes. In addition, the Blues have been able to keep Sidney Crosby relatively quiet in their matchups as Crosby has logged just two goals and six assists in 12 career games against the Blues. Alexander Steen has a three-game point streak against the Penguins (two goals, three assists). Paul Stastny has six points over his last two games vs. Pittsburgh (two goals, four assists).
- David Perron - 5 shy of 100 goals as a Blue
- Paul Stastny - 2 shy of 200 career goals / 6 shy of 100 PIM as a Blue
- Kyle Brodziak - 1 shy of 400 career PIM
- Carl Gunnarsson - 9 shy of 100 career assists
- Kevin Shattenkirk - 10 shy of 300 career PIM
- Jori Lehtera - 9 shy of 100 career points / 5 shy of 200 career games
- Tonight will be Patrik Berglund's 603rd game as a Blue, which ties him for 10th on the all-time franchise list.
- Since Ken Hitchcock took over for the Blues in 2011, his team has the second-best regular-season record in the NHL (247-122-41), second only to Pittsburgh.
- Alexander Steen has 13 points (five goals, eight assists) over his last 10 games.