On Mondays, chicagoblackhawks.com will highlight players who stood out for their minor-league, junior, college or European teams in the previous week's action. All prospect/system stats will be updated weekly throughout the season.
1st Star: LW Alexandre Fortin, Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL)
The Line: 3GP, 2G, 2A
The undrafted free-agent signing contributed points in all three games for the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies last week, compiling two goals and two assists to reach the 50-point mark for the first time in three QMJHL seasons. Fortin's week included an assist in a 7-2 win over Gatineau last Wednesday, his 20th goal of the season and an assist in Friday's 6-2 win over Val-d'Or and a tally in a 9-3 win over Val-d'Or on Sunday.
2nd Star: LW Radovan Bondra, Prince George (WHL)
The Line: 3GP, 1G, 4A
Bondra collected three helpers for Prince George in a 5-4 loss to Portland last Wednesday and posted a goal and an assist in a 6-1 win over Tri-City on Friday, completing a six-game point streak that was snapped on Saturday. The 2015 fifth-round pick has a career-best 63 points (32G, 31A) in 60 games this season with Vancouver and Prince George.
3rd Star: D Jake Ryczek, Waterloo (USHL)
The Line: 2GP, 1G, 2A
Ryczek was named the USHL's Defenseman of the Week for the third time this season after tallying a goal and two assists in two games for the Waterloo Black Hawks. The 2016 seventh-round pick ranks seventh among league defensemen with 29 points (8G, 21A) in 44 games and second with 124 shots on goal; he has logged at least 1 SOG in all but two outings this season.
Around the system:
- John Dahlstrom picked up two goals and two assists in three tilts with the Western Hockey League's Medicine Hat Tigers last week and now has six points over a four-game point streak; he ranks fourth among league rookies with 58 points (29G, 29A) in 60 games this year ... Alex DeBrincat saw his goal streak stopped at 19 games, but did accrue two goals and one assist over three games for the OHL's Erie Otters. With 62 goals and 122 points to his name, the 2016 second-round pick is two goals and seven points away from matching franchise records.
- The Frozen Four picture started to take shape last weekend as several conferences held opening rounds of their tournaments. In Hockey East, Boston College took down the University of Vermont in two games, with senior forward Chris Calnan tallying a goal and an assist in Saturday's 7-4 win to clinch a spot in the semifinals... Three Blackhawks prospects faced off in a close series between Boston University and Northeastern, which was decided on Saturday by BU freshman Chad Krys' late game-winner on the power play with 25 seconds remaining in regulation. The goal was his fifth of the season to go along with five helpers ... Northeastern forward Dylan Sikura scored in Friday's 3-2 overtime loss to BU, while defenseman Ryan Shea contributed an assist on Saturday. Sikura ended his junior campaign with a career-best 57 points in 38 games, while Shea posted 14 points in 38 games during his freshman year ... Defenseman Dennis Gilbert helped Notre Dame secure a series sweep over Providence, picking up his 21st helper of the season in Saturday's 5-2 clinching win. Friday's semifinals will see Notre Dame take on top-seeded UMass-Lowell, while BC and BU will face off in a rivalry match.
- Five Blackhawks prospects saw action in the NCHC quarterfinals last weekend. Denver blueliner Blake Hillman chose an opportune time to net his first goal of the season when his tally helped the Pioneers defeat Colorado College 4-1 on Friday ... Anthony Louis ended his collegiate career on a positive note, picking up a goal and an assist over two games as Miami fell to Minnesota-Duluth. The 2013 sixth-round pick, who signed a pro contract earlier today, led the RedHawks with a career-best 14 goals and 39 points in 36 games this season ... Western Michigan University sophomore Matheson Iacopelli was held off the scoresheet but recorded 14 SOG in a three-game series against Nebraska-Omaha. UNO defenseman Luc Snuggerud ended his season with 31 points (11G, 20A), leading NCAA blueliners in goals and sharing eighth in points. Sophomore forward Fredrik Olofsson picked up his 13th assist of the year in a 5-2 loss to WMU on Saturday and ended his campaign with a career-high 24 points in 34 games. WMU will face UMD on Friday, while Denver will battle North Dakota in the other semifinal.
- Jack Ramsey a 2014 seventh-round pick, recorded a pair of assists to help Minnesota defeat Michigan State 4-0 last Friday in the final weekend of Big 10 conference play. The Gophers secured the top seed in B10 and will play either Penn State or Michigan on Friday night ... Ohio State netminder Matt Tomkins allowed just one goal in both of his outings last weekend, making 55 saves on 57 shots to help the Buckeyes sweep Wisconsin. The 2012 seventh-round pick improved his record to 11-3-3 this season, and Ohio State will take on Michigan State on Thursday afternoon.
- Yale senior John Hayden tallied a goal and an assist over the weekend, but Yale were swept out of the ECAC tournament by top-ranked Harvard. Hayden ended his collegiate career with a career-best 34 points (21G, 13A), including 12 power-play markers, in 33 games and has joined the Blackhawks after signing his first pro contract ... Sophomore forward Beau Starrett notched a pair of helpers in three games to help Cornell complete a series comeback against Clarkson; both of his assists came on game-winners. Starrett now has 13 points (3G, 10A) this season, and Cornell will face off against Union in the ECAC semis on Friday.
- Michael Latta tallied his first goal with the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs in a 5-2 loss to Milwaukee last Friday; he has nine points in 20 games since being acquired from Los Angeles ... Vinnie Hinostroza scored his first AHL goal of the season and added an assist against Milwaukee; he has four points in nine games with Rockford to go along with 14 points in 48 NHL outings.