On Mondays, chicagoblackhawks.com will highlight players who stood out for their minor-league, junior, college or European teams in the previous week's action. All prospect/system stats will be updated weekly throughout the season.
1st Star: RW Mark McNeill, Rockford IceHogs (AHL)
The Line: 3GP, 1G, 5A
McNeill picked up points in all three of Rockford's tilts last weekend as the IceHogs went 1-2-0. The 2011 first-rounder posted two assists in Rockford's 3-2 win over the Chicago Wolves on Friday, collected two more helpers in a 7-3 loss at Chicago the next night and added a goal and an assist in a 7-3 loss to Milwaukee on Sunday. McNeill tallied 11 shots on goal in the three games and shares the team lead with 23 SOG in eight games this season; his seven points share the team lead.
2nd Star: C Nathan Noel, Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)
The Line: 3GP, 3G, 2A
The 2016 fourth-round selection racked up five points last week, helping Saint John win two of three tilts. Noel picked up a goal and an assist in a 5-2 win over Charlottetown on Wednesday; he added another two points and won 11 of 14 faceoffs in a big 10-3 result over Moncton on Friday, before opening the scoring for the Sea Dogs in a 5-2 loss in Moncton on Sunday. The Saint John native ranks third on the team with 12 points (6G, 6A) in 14 games this season.
3rd Star: RW Spencer Abbott, Rockford IceHogs (AHL)
The Line: 3GP, 2G, 3A
Abbott also had a breakout week for Rockford, with points in all three outings. The 28-year-old opened the scoring against the Wolves on Friday, notched assists on all three of the team's goals on Saturday and netted his fourth goal of the season on Sunday. Abbott shares the team lead alongside linemate McNeill with seven points in eight games.
Around the System:
- Defenseman Lucas Carlsson notched his second point of the season with an assist in Brynas IF's 5-1 win over Farjestad in the Swedish Hockey League ... Andreas Soderberg scored his second goal of the season in IK Pantern's 7-4 win over MODO in Sweden's second division on Friday; he has five points this season ... Goaltender Ivan Nalimov picked up his first two wins of the season for the KHL's Vladivostok last week, stopping a combined 64 of 66 shots.
- Three prospects had strong outings in the Ontario Hockey League last week: Roy Radke has a five-game point streak going after compiling five points (2G, 3A) in three games for the Barrie Colts ... Alex DeBrincat posted his second four-point game of the season (2G, 2A) in Erie's 5-2 win over Barrie and ranks second on the team with 24 points in 11 games ... Graham Knott registered a goal and three assists in three games for the Niagara IceDogs and continues to pace the team with 16 points (4G, 12A) in 11 games.
- John Dahlstrom extended his point streak to five games after compiling a goal and three assists in two games for the WHL's Medicine Hat Tigers; he has 16 points in 13 games so far in his first North American season ... Alexandre Fortin returned to action for the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies in the QMJHL, picking up two goals and an assist in two outings; the free-agent signing has six points in four games this season ... Defenseman Jake Ryczek recorded a goal and an assist last week for the USHL's Waterloo Black Hawks, extending his point streak to three games; he added 8 SOG and shares the lead with 33 in nine games this season.
- Dylan Sikura played a part in both of Northeastern's goals in a 3-2 loss to Vermont on Sunday, assisting on the opening goal and adding his second tally of the year; he leads the Huskies with 11 points in seven games this season ... Anthony Louis collected two goals and an assist for Miami (Ohio) in a weekend split with Bowling Green, including the overtime game-winner in Friday's 2-1 result ... Matheson Iacopelli tallied his fifth goal of the season in Western Michigan's 4-2 loss to Denver on Saturday ... Fredrik Olofsson picked up a goal (his first of the season) and an assist for Nebraska-Omaha in their weekend split against UMass-Lowell.
- John Hayden opened his senior campaign with a goal and an assist for Yale in a 4-1 win over Sacred Heart on Saturday ... Defenseman Dennis Gilbert contributed a pair of helpers for Notre Dame in a 6-2 win over UConn on Friday ... Goaltender Matt Tomkins started both games for Ohio State in a weekend sweep over Niagara University, making 41 saves on 45 shots to improve his record to 4-0-2 with a .928 save percentage and 1.85 goals-against average this season.
- Center Tanner Kero posted a goal and a helper in Rockford's loss to Chicago on Saturday ... Martin Lundberg tallied two points (1G, 1A) in three games with the IceHogs last week.
- Defenseman Erik Gustafsson had a big week for the IceHogs, collecting two goals and two assists in three games; both of his goals came in Saturday's loss to the Wolves ... Ville Pokka contributed three helpers in three games last week and now shares the team lead with five assists so far this season ... Cameron Schilling notched his first points of the season with a goal and an assist in Friday's win over Chicago.