NHL Network today announced its game schedule for the 2019 NHL preseason, featuring more than 25 live matchups in 16 days, beginning with the Arizona Coyotes at Vegas Golden Knights Sunday, Sept. 15 at 4:30 p.m. ET.
NHL Network will also televise the following games throughout its preseason schedule:
• 2019 Jack Adams Award winner Barry Trotz and the New York Islanders visit division-rival Philadelphia Flyers on Sept. 16 at 7 p.m. ET.
• A preseason edition of the Hudson River Rivalry will be featured on Sept. 20 at 7 p.m. ET as 2019 NHL Draft first overall pick Jack Hughes and the New Jersey Devils face off against the New York Rangers and the 2019 second overall pick Kaapo Kakko.
• An encore presentation of the Sept. 26 Kraft Hockeyville USA 2019 game between the 2019 Stanley Cup champion St. Louis Blues and the Detroit Red Wings will air on Sept. 27 at 3 p.m. ET.
• High-scoring Patrick Kane and the Chicago Blackhawks visit the 2019 Eastern Conference champion Boston Bruins on Sept. 28 at 3 p.m. ET.
• The Golden Knights host the San Jose Sharks on Sept. 29 at 8:00 p.m. ET after a thrilling First Round matchup in the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
With the NHL returning to Europe this preseason, NHL Network will feature the 2019 NHL Global Series Challenge between the Blackhawks and Eisbären Berlin on Sept. 29 at 1:30 p.m. ET from Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin, Germany. The following day, the Flyers' exhibition game against Lausanne HC from Vaudoise aréna in Lausanne, Switzerland will be televised at 2 p.m. ET. Philadelphia's European preseason game will also be featured on Behind The Glass: Philadelphia Flyers Training Camp, previously announced here, on NHL Network in October. Each episode of Behind The Glass will re-air on Sportsnet as well as the NHL's platforms on YouTube, Facebook and IGTV. The complete list of NHL Network's 2019 preseason game schedule can be viewed here.
Throughout the offseason, NHL Network ranked the top players across the National Hockey League in four position-specific countdown series: Top 20 Centers Right Now, Top 20 Wings Right Now, Top 20 Defensemen Right Now and Top 10 Goalies Right Now. The player rankings continue with NHL Network's Top 50 Players Right Now, which began on Sept. 1 and reveals the players ranked 30-21 this Sunday, Sept. 15 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Viewers can visit NHL.com/TopPlayers for videos on the latest rankings following the completion of each show. Fans can use #NHLTopPlayers on NHL Network's Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages to discuss each countdown episode and to have their top-three votes incorporated into a fan-generated list on Sunday, Sept. 29.
The complete remaining schedule for NHL Network's Top 50 Players Right Now is listed below:
Sunday, Sept. 15 - Top 50 Players Right Now: 30-21, 7:30 p.m. ET
Sunday, Sept. 22 - Top 50 Players Right Now: 20-11, 4 p.m. ET
Sunday, Sept. 29 - Top 50 Players Right Now: 10-1, 6 p.m. ET
* Each 2019 NHL preseason game aired on NHL Network will be a carriage of local telecasts, including local announcers, and blacked out in each club's home market unless otherwise noted.