Fans lucky enough to score tickets to the Stanley Cup Final in Boston are in for a real treat or 12 at the TD Garden concession stands thanks to a creative set of offerings fit for a champion.
The Big Bad Burger, which is a double cheeseburger topped with bacon, fried jalapenos and crispy onions sandwiched between two glazed doughnuts, is just one of the eye-popping confections that are being rolled out for the Stanley Cup Final.
"I really think this is going to be so cool to see on the concourse, especially since it's going to hit all the sweet spots: Donuts, bacon, fried jalapenos," said Yousef Ghalaini, executive chef for Delaware North Sportservice at TD Garden.
Ghalaini and Liz Silva, executive sous chef, put together the 12 dishes. In addition to the sweet and savory burger (Loge Section 8, Balcony Section 311), there's the:
• Pulled pork and mac and cheese in a bubble waffle bowl (Frito-Lay Test Kitchen, Loge Section 15)
• Baguettes stuffed with pasta (radiatore with meatballs and marinara or penne with chicken and broccoli, Causeway Carvery Loge Section 16)
• Surf 'n turf skewers (Garden Grill, Loge Section 8/9)
• Crab cake sandwich with a potato bun (Garden Grill, Loge Section 8)
• Footlong bacon-wrapped hot dog topped with steak and cheese (Frito-Lay Test Kitchen, Loge Section 15)
• New England lobster roll (Garden Grill, Loge Section 8)
• Steak and cheddar sandwich with pepperoni, sauteed onions, green peppers and mushrooms (Garden Grill, Loge Section 8)
• Boneless chicken bites in Korean BBQ or caribbean hot sauce (Lucky's Chicken, Loge Sections 5, 19, Balcony Sections 310, 322)
• French dip sandwich on an onion roll (Causeway Carvery, Loge Section 16)
• Buffalo chicken pizza (Sal's Pizza, Loge Sections 6, 17, Balcony Sections 307, 325)
• Deep fried Oreo cookie topped with vanilla gelato, caramel, chocolate sauce and whipped cream (Frito-Lay Test Kitchen, Loge Section 15)
"We're so excited to have everyone join us for the game and we'll be all over the concourses talking to people and getting feedback on our offerings," Ghalaini said. "Just look for me in the white toque."