NEW YORK/TORONTO - The NHL® Centennial Fan Arena, a main pillar of the League's year-long centennial celebrations, will visit KeyBank Center during the NHL Scouting Combine™ presented by adidas. An interactive traveling experience honoring a century's worth of extraordinary players, teams, and unforgettable moments, the NHL® Centennial Fan Arena also features the most revered trophy in all sports - the Stanley Cup®. The event is free and open to fans of all ages.
The NHL Scouting Combine™ presented by adidas features the top 106 draft eligible players from North America and Europe and consists of player interviews, medical assessments and a series of physical fitness tests. All participating prospects will be outfitted exclusively in adidas, the presenting sponsor and authentic outfitter, providing training gear which is custom identified by number and position for all fitness and medical tests completed throughout the week.
On Friday, June 2 the top five North American prospects will be showcased in a public event that includes autograph signings, photo opportunities and a Q&A session hosted by Buffalo Sabres broadcaster Brian Duff.
The following is a schedule of events for the NHL Centennial Fan Arena (all times local, EST):
Friday, June 2, 2017
10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., NHL Centennial Fan Arena (Tops Alumni Plaza at KeyBank Center)
10:00 a.m. - Noon, The Instigators Live Broadcast
11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Stanley Cup® Appearance
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Top Prospects Public Event (Video Truck stage), featuring:
Nolan Patrick, Brandon Wheat Kings (Winnipeg, MB); Nico Hischier, Halifax Mooseheads (Naters, Switzerland); Casey Mittelstadt, Eden Prairie High School (Edina, Minnesota); Gabriel Vilardi, Windsor Spitfires (Kingston, ON); Michael Rasmussen, Tri-City Americans (Surrey, B.C.)
Saturday, June 3, 2017
10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., NHL Centennial Fan Arena (Tops Alumni Plaza at KeyBank Center)
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Stanley Cup® Appearance
In addition to the Top Prospects public event and the Stanley Cup® appearance, fans will experience the following:
• MUSEUM TRUCK - The main attraction is a 53-foot museum truck with an innovative interior featuring more than 1,000 square feet of interactive digital displays, original video content, one-of-a-kind historical memorabilia, unique photo moments and a social media wall. Customized to each market, the Museum Truck will showcase the history of the NHL and Buffalo Sabres.
• VIDEO TRUCK - A second 53-foot trailer with a giant video screen will feature team highlights, all-access programming, and as well as a pop-out stage for special appearances.
• THE "RINK" - A pop-up ball hockey rink will give youth hockey players a chance to shine.
• CLEAR THE ICE ZAMBONI® VR EXPERIENCE - This never-before-seen VR experience allows fans to compete against each other in a race to resurface the ice. Fans will take a seat in a mini Zamboni® ice resurfacer and feel their seat rumble before being tasked with creating the perfect sheet of ice.
• RECYCLE THE GAME - A special net will be on-site for fans to donate gently used hockey equipment. The equipment will be up-cycled back into the community, continuing the League-wide commitment to improve hockey's environmental footprint while supporting youth hockey.
As part of Hockey Is For Everyone™, the League is making a $5,000 grant in all 31 NHL markets at the NHL Centennial Fan Arena. In partnership with the Club, this grant will be invested into the community going toward youth hockey organizations that celebrate diversity. In Buffalo, the grant will be donated to Hasek's Heroes, a nonprofit founded by 100 Greatest NHL Player and Hockey Hall of Famer Dominik Hasek. Since 2001, the organization has been providing ice time, coaching, and equipment to thousands of economically underprivileged children in Buffalo.
Fans planning to attend can RSVP at NHL.com/FanArena. The RSVP program provides event reminder notifications including updates on dates, times, locations, events, special appearances and more.