The Chicago Blackhawks today announced the initial promotional schedule for the team's 2019-20 regular season at the United Center. Fans looking to join in on these exciting initiatives and giveaways can purchase single-game tickets to Blackhawks home games beginning on Tuesday, August 20 at noon on Blackhawks.com.
The Blackhawks will kick off the season with the team's annual red carpet event before the home opener on Thursday, Oct. 10 vs. San Jose at 7:30 p.m. The event will be held inside the United Center Atrium, offering an exclusive opportunity for ticketed fans to see the 2019-20 Blackhawks players make their arrival.
Additionally, the team will once again host the following marquee community night games at the United Center in partnership with its charitable arm, the Chicago Blackhawks Foundation.
- "Hockey Fights Cancer" night - honoring fans who are battling or have been affected by the disease - will take place on Sunday, Oct. 27 when the team faces off against Los Angeles at 6 p.m.
- The Blackhawks will honor those who have served our nation during a special "Veterans Day" ceremony on Sunday, Nov. 10 vs. Toronto at 6 p.m.
- The team's third annual charity takeover game, "Blackhawks Foundation Night," will be held on Sunday, Dec. 8 as the team takes on Arizona at 6 p.m.
The 2019-20 season's promotional schedule also features more than 20 unique gate giveaways on game nights (full schedule attached). Highlights include:
- The previously announced series of 2010 Championship Anniversary-inspired items including four bobbleheads featuring Marian Hossa (Oct. 18 vs. CBJ), Brent Seabrook (Nov. 21 vs. TBL), Duncan Keith (Dec. 15 vs. MIN), and Jonathan Toews (Jan. 7 vs. CGY) as well as a 2010 replica ring (March 19 vs. MIN).
- Two additional bobbleheads featuring legendary radio broadcast duo John Wiedeman and Troy Murray (Oct. 20 vs. WSH) and TV Color Analyst Eddie Olczyk on Hockey Fights Cancer night (Oct. 27 vs. LAK).
- A collectible retro hat series that captures the nostalgia of the 70s (Oct. 24 vs. PHI), 80s (Jan. 9 vs. NSH) and 90s (March 25 vs. PIT)
- Alternate jersey-inspired apparel - including a shirt (Dec. 2 vs. STL), scarf (Jan. 21 vs. FLA) and knit hat (March 3 vs. ANA) - on the three special dates where the Blackhawks will wear their black-and-white jerseys popularized by last season's NHL Winter Classic.
- Nods to Chicago's cultural icons including a United Center snow globe (Dec. 18 vs. COL) in celebration of the arena's 25th anniversary and green hat (March 13 vs. OTT) just before the city's St. Patrick's Day Parade.
Multiple promotional nights will also feature special pregame events in the United Center Atrium. Additionally, fans can take advantage of several themed ticket offers geared toward celebrating specific industries, nationalities, youth organizations and more. For the full list of giveaways and more information on specific ticket offers, please visit Blackhawks.com/Promos.
Tickets for Blackhawks preseason home games are on sale now at Blackhawks.com. Before the team heads overseas for the NHL Global Series, fans can celebrate Oktoberfest with the Blackhawks before all three preseason home games in the United Center Atrium. Each event will feature live music, dancing and contests as well as an Oktoberfest-themed giveaway for the first 2,000 ticketed fans to enter the Atrium, including a hat for the Sept. 18 game vs. Detroit, a scarf for the Sept. 21 game vs. Boston and a beer stein for the Sept. 25 game vs. Washington.
Fans are encouraged to visit Blackhawks.com and follow Blackhawks social media channels (@NHLBlackhawks) for all of the latest information, as additional promotions, ticket offers and special Atrium events will be announced throughout the season.