The Dallas Stars and the National Hockey League (NHL) announced today the details surrounding the NHL Centennial Fan Arena, which is scheduled to visit American Airlines Center beginning Friday, Jan. 13 and concluding on Saturday. Jan. 14. A traveling fan experience that will visit all NHL markets across North America in 2017, the NHL Centennial Fan Arena is part of the NHL's Centennial celebration festivities announced last week honoring a century's worth of extraordinary players, teams, remarkable plays and unforgettable moments.
The NHL Centennial Fan Arena will be located on Victory Plaza at the south end of American Airlines Center and is open to the public. Free parking during select hours of the NHL Centennial Fan Arena is available at Lexus Garage at the corner of Houston Street and All-Star Way.
The NHL Centennial Fan Arena includes:
- Museum Truck - The main attraction is a 53-foot museum truck with an innovative interior featuring more than 1,000 square feet of interactive digital displays, original video content, historical memorabilia, and unique photo moments.
- Video Truck - A second 53-foot trailer will host a giant video screen featuring team trivia and highlights, as well as a pop-out stage for special appearances.
- The "Rink" - A pop-up ball hockey rink will give youth hockey players a chance to shine with programmed games and clinics.
- Clear The Ice Zamboni® VR Experience - This never-before-seen VR experience allows fans from across North America to compete against each other in a race to resurface the ice. Fans will take a seat in a mini-Zamboni® ice resurfacer, feel cool air on their skin and their seat rumble, as they are tasked with creating the perfect sheet of ice - in virtual reality. All races will be timed and shared on a leaderboard.
- Stanley Cup® - The oldest and most revered trophy in all professional sports will make a special appearance in every NHL market.
- RSVP Program - Fans attending the Centennial Fan Arena in their local market will be able to RSVP at NHL.com/FanArena in advance of the event. The RSVP program will include pre-registration for the free activities at the Fan Arena including the Clear The Ice Zamboni® VR Experience and photos with the Stanley Cup®, and will provide event reminder notifications for each respective market (dates, times, locations, events, special appearances and more).
To kick off the weekend of festivities on Friday, six youth hockey teams from the Dallas Stars Metro Hockey League (DSMHL) will have the opportunity to play on the ice at American Airlines Center. Every year, DSMHL teams across all age divisions (8U through 18U) that call a Dr Pepper StarCenter their home rink receive the opportunity to play one of their regular season games at American Airlines Center during the course of the Fall-Winter season. Skaters are announced like NHL players, make their grand entrance through the Star Portal and then line up for the playing of the National Anthem.
For more information and the most up-to-date schedule of events, please visit DallasStars.com.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday, Jan. 13:
12 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Museum Truck, Clear The Ice Zamboni® VR Experience, The "Rink"
10 a.m. - 9 p.m. - The Hangar Team Store open late with special offers for NHL Centennial Fan Arena visitors
6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. - Ball hockey challenge on the "Rink" featuring youth teams from DSMHL hosted by Dallas Stars Xtreme Team
Saturday, Jan. 14:
10 a.m. - 8 p.m. - Museum Truck, Clear The Ice Zamboni® VR Experience, The "Rink"
7 p.m. - Dallas Stars vs. Minnesota Wild at American Airlines Center
ABOUT THE NHL'S CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION:
Celebrating 100 years of the NHL, the NHL's Centennial celebration will commence officially on January 1, 2017 in Toronto with the Scotiabank NHL Centennial Classic™ outdoor game featuring an Original Six™ showdown between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs at Exhibition Stadium. This marquee event will also feature the first phase in the announcement of the 100 Greatest NHL Players, as well as the launch of the NHL Centennial Fan Arena.