In the previous update, we noted Danil Gushchin's five-game multi-point streak, Alex Young's nomination for the Hobey Baker award and Scott Reedy's memorable achievement of five assists in a single game.
Let's take a dive into this week's update of our Next Wave report:
Not Sleau-ing Down
Thomas Bordeleau registered a four-point game against the rival Ohio State, scoring two goals and two assists on Feb. 20, a day after seeing zeros in the personal stat line which ended a personal-best 10-game point streak (three goals, nine assists). With his recent success, he has points in 11 of his last 12 games and currently ranks 12th in the NCAA in scoring (25) and tied for fifth in assists (18). Among his freshman class however, the centerman leads in assists and points, assists-per-game (1.00), points-per-game (1.39), plus/minus (17), and is tied for second in game-winning goals (3).
Leading the Way
Joachim Blichfeld and the Barracuda have started their season in the American Hockey League in the beginning of February, and the forward has registered six points in his four games, all of which have been multi-point games. In two games against Texas on the road, Blichfeld recorded a multi-assist game (two assists) on Feb. 12 and scored two goals the next day to help split the series. His three goals and six points currently lead all Barracuda skaters.
The Forecast Calls for Goals
Jasper Weatherby, a recent Sharks Prospect of the Week, is also on a tear as of late, scoring goals in six straight games (seven goals, two assists) from Jan. 29-Feb. 20. Weatherby has now vaulted himself up to 10 goals this year in 22 games, tying his career high set last season in 35 games. He recorded a three-point game (two goals, one assist) against Denver on Feb. 13, and was also named NCHC Forward of the Week on Feb. 15. Among NCHC conference skaters, he ranks tied for fifth in goals and is second on North Dakota in the category.
- Artemi Kniazev skated in his first QMJHL game this year after starting overseas in Russia for the 2020-21 season, and collected a multi-assist contest in his second game.
- Brinson Pasichnuk collected his first professional point on Feb. 8, recording one assist against the Tucson Roadrunners.
- 2020 first round selection Ozzy Wiesblatt scored his first professional goal Feb. 12 against the Texas Stars.
- Jonathan Dahlen is currently riding a seven-game point streak (six goals, six assists) from Feb. 6-24, and leads the Allsvenskan in assists (42) and points (66) and is tied for first in goals.
- Since Jan. 21, Scott Reedy has registered 11 points (two goals, nine assists) with a +12 rating over 10 games. Minnesota is 8-0-0 when Reedy has scored a goal in the contest.
For the full Sharks player report, click here.