NEW YORK / TORONTO - National Hockey League (NHL) corporate partners are leveraging the 2017 Stanley Cup® Playoffs - the most exciting postseason in professional sports - to introduce new TV creative, digital and social media campaigns, and in-store and on premise POS that showcase new product offerings and once-in-a-lifetime experiences to hockey fans in the U.S. and Canada. The result is Stanley Cup® branding across a broader myriad of channels, engaging millions of hockey fans in more ways than ever before.
"The Stanley Cup Playoffs represent the very best of our game and capture the extraordinary passion of NHL fans," said Brian Jennings, NHL Chief Brand Officer and Executive Vice President. "And for our partners, the Playoffs provide the perfect opportunity for deeper engagement and emotional connections with their brand during the most exciting and unpredictable playoffs in sports."
Longstanding partners and new members to the NHL® corporate family are unveiling hockey-themed national TV campaigns during game broadcasts on NBC, NBCSN and NHL Network™, USA Network and CNBC in the U.S. and Sportsnet, CBC, Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet 360 in Canada.
• Enterprise's "All the Places Life Takes Martin Brodeur" campaign features the future Hockey Hall of Fame goalie in a series of amusing TV spots and digital shorts promoting the car rental brand's comprehensive transportation offerings.
• GEICO's campaign features Boston Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron in a pair of TV commercials.
• PPG Paints marks its first Stanley Cup® Playoffs with the "Character of Champion" TV ad featuring the revered trophy and longtime Keeper of the Cup, Phil Pritchard.
• Reese launched its "Without the Pros" TV spot in Canada.
Several NHL corporate partners are bringing nearly one million Stanley Cup-branded products to thousands of retail stores throughout the Stanley Cup® Playoffs:
• High Liner customers nationwide in Canada will have plenty of options for the 2017 Stanley Cup® Playoffs. With the purchase of a High Liner product, three lucky fans will each win two tickets to any Playoffs game of his/her choice this season.
• Molson Canadian is offering hockey fans in Canada the chance to collect seven mini replica trophies of the Stanley Cup® with the purchase of a case. Plus, thirty lucky fans in Ontario will have the chance to win a framed set of the seven mini replica trophies with the purchase of a specially-marked case. Hockey fans that order a Molson Canadian or Coors Light at Kelseys in Ontario will receive a commemorative Stanley Cup® ring, while supplies last. In addition, the brewing company will deliver Stanley Cup® Playoffs POS to Boston Pizza and Shoeless Joe's locations throughout Canada.
• PepsiCo's Pepsi, Lay's and Doritos brands have been lining shelves in the U.S. with Stanley Cup®-themed products. Snack Your Way to the Championchips slogans were featured on POS in key Lay's and Doritos markets throughout Minnesota and Chicago in the first round of the Playoffs and continuing in Washington for the second round.
• Rogers has launched its Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE "Places" TV spot to promote the platform's live streaming of all Stanley Cup® Playoff game broadcasts to hockey fans on-the-go.
Once-in-a-lifetime experiences are awaiting hockey fans during the 2017 Stanley Cup® Playoffs,courtesy of NHL partners, Pepsi, and Reese, among others. For fans in eight of the northernmost regions of Canada, Scotiabank and Canadian Tire have planned a very special visit from the Stanley Cup.
• The Day With The Cup™ series, presented by Discover will return during the Stanley Cup® Playoffs. Discover will surprise one deserving youth hockey player with a visit with the Stanley Cup.
• Pepsi and Lay's are giving fans the chance to host the ultimate Stanley Cup house party. Fans that purchase Pepsi or Lay's products in Canada can enter for a chance to Bring Home the Cup™ - a private party featuring the iconic Stanley Cup. In addition, Pepsi has teamed with Subway to offer fans in Canada the chance to win a trip to the 2017 Stanley Cup Final as part of a nationwide promotion.
• As part of its For The Love of The Cup™ campaign, Reese has sweetened the deal for fans in Canada who find a Stanley Cup-wrapped Reese Peanut Butter Cup. One lucky winner will receive a trip for two to the 2017 Stanley Cup Champions' home opener and banner-raising ceremony in October.
• Scotiabank, in conjunction with Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities, the NHL and Project North will deliver 150 bags of new hockey equipment and an unforgettable experience with the Stanley Cup to the communities of Kugaaruk, Taloyoak, Gjoa Haven, Cape Dorset, Hall Beach and Qikiqtarjuaq in northern Canada, April 26-29. In addition, Scotiabank is offering members of its Scotiabank Hockey Club a chance to win VIP fan experiences and other great prizes, including a trip for four to a Stanley Cup Final Game. Fans can register at www.ScotiabankHockeyClub.com.
• For their first Stanley Cup® Playoffs activation, Sonnet Home & Auto Insurance is offering a trip to Game 1 and Game 2 of the 2017 Stanley Cup Final. Fans in Canada may enter at sonnet.ca/nhl-contest-2017 by sharing their most memorable hockey game-time experience that includes family and friends.
For NHL partners, digital and social media campaigns have become crucial components of Stanley Cup® Playoffs activations. Recognizing the boost in online engagement among fans during the Playoffs, corporate partners are building on the game's popularity with hockey-themed creative and content.
• Fans can visit the interactive microsite NHL.com/GreatestTeams to begin selecting the NHL's Greatest Stanley Cup® Championship Team of all-time. Sponsored by SAP in the U.S. and Honda in Canada, the site includes an interactive gallery page of each of the NHL's 96 Stanley Cup Championship teams, featuring team and player information as well as stunning, never-before-published images, in conjunction with the Hockey Hall of Fame.
• Bridgestone has launched four social videos as part of its "Clutch Performance" campaign, all featuring Nashville Predators defenseman P.K. Subban.
• In addition to its Refer-a-Friend campaign to promote the Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE service, Rogers is giving hockey fans the tools they need to showcase their fandom with Snapchat lenses, Facebook profile filters, and other exciting features.
The 2017 Stanley Cup® Playoffs Second Round begins on Wednesday, April 26. Visit NHL.com for matchups and the full schedule.