MONTREAL - Here are five things you need to know ahead of Monday night's preseason game against the Toronto Maple Leafs at the Bell Centre.
1. The Canadiens are coming off a dominant performance in Ottawa on Saturday, having blanked the Senators 4-0 at the Canadian Tire Centre. Claude Julien's contingent scored three power play goals, while goaltender Keith Kinkaid earned a 27-save shutout in his preseason debut. Lighting the lamp for Montreal were Jeff Petry, Jake Evans, Tomas Tatar and Phillip Danault. The victory improved the Habs' record to a perfect 4-0-0 in exhibition play.
Video: Kinkaid, Petry help Canadiens blank Senators, 4-0
2. Team brass cut the training camp roster down to 39 players (23 forwards, 13 defensemen and three goaltenders) over the weekend. Fourteen players were reassigned to the AHL's Laval Rocket on Saturday, before goaltender Cayden Primeau and defenseman Otto Leskinen were reassigned to Joel Bouchard's squad on Sunday. The Rocket open training camp at Place Bell on Monday.
3. Here are the lineups for Monday night's contest...
Following the morning skate, Julien indicated that he hadn't yet decided who his starting goaltender would be.
4. The Maple Leafs are coming off a 5-3 loss to the Sabres on Saturday night in Buffalo. Three of those Sabres' goals came during the third period alone at the KeyBank Center. Mike Babcock's club is 1-3-0 thus far during the preseason. It will be the first of two meetings between the Original Six rivals this week. The Canadiens will hit the ice in Toronto on Wednesday.
5. Puck drop on Monday night is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. You catch watch the game on TSN2, TSN4 and RDS, and listen to all the action on TSN Radio 690 and 98,5 fm. To purchase tickets, click here.