FLEURY, PENGUINS BLANK SENATORS TO EVEN EASTERN CONFERENCE FINAL
Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury made 23 saves and forward Phil Kessel scored the only goal of the game with 6:55 remaining in regulation as the Pittsburgh Penguins defeated the Ottawa Senators 1-0 to even the Eastern Conference Final at 1-1.
* Fleury recorded his second shutout of the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs (also Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Second Round at the Washington Capitals), and his Penguins-leading 10th NHL postseason shutout overall to tie Ken Dryden and Henrik Lundqvist for 11th on the all-time Stanley Cup Playoff list. Fleury got his 62nd NHL playoff win to pass Tom Barrasso and Lundqvist (61) for sole possession of 13th place all-time, one behind Curtis Joseph (63).
* Kessel scored his second game-winning goal this postseason (also Game 1 of Eastern Conference First Round against the Columbus Blue Jackets) and is tied for fourth in the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs with 14 points (six goals, eight assists) in 14 games. Kessel has recorded 55 points (27 goals, 28 assists) in 59 career games against the Senators, regular season and playoffs combined, including 10 game-winning goals.
* Evgeni Malkin had an assist and leads the League with 20 points (six goals, 14 assists) in 14 games. Malkin has at least 20 points in a single postseason for the third time in his NHL career; he had 22 points (10 goals, 12 assists) in 2008 and 36 points (14 goals, 22 assists) in 2009. He joins Mario Lemieux as the only Penguins to reach the 20-point mark in three different playoff years.
* Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Final marked the 45th one-goal game in 72 games (62.5 percent) during the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The NHL record for one-goal games in a single playoff year is 51, set in 81 games in 2007 (63.0 percent). The Penguins improved to 4-3 in one-goal games during the 2017 playoffs, while the Senators fell to 8-3 in one-goal games.
* When teams are tied 1-1 in a best-of-7 series in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the winner of Game 3 holds an all-time series record of 205-99, including a 3-2 mark this postseason.
Video: Penguins blank Senators in Game 2, even series
Home Team in Caps
PITTSBURGH 1, Ottawa 0 - series tied 1-1
ICYMI: The 2017 Stanley Cup Final commercial, "Spelling," which features 23 members of the 100 Greatest NHL Players, has been released in Canada and the United States. … Coaches Guy Boucher of the Senators and Mike Sullivan of the Penguins were mic'd up during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Final. … Renowned Canadian artist Tony Harris unveiled portraits of Stan Mikita and Turk Broda as part of the NHL Centennial Celebration.
SNEAK PEEK AT TUESDAY'S ACTION
All Times Eastern
Anaheim @ Nashville, series tied 1-1, 8 p.m. ET, CBC, SN, TVA Sports, NBCSN