NBC Sports will broadcast a record 106 NHL games this season on NBC and NBCSN after the most-watched NHL regular season in 22 years.
The coverage begins Wednesday, Oct. 12 with a doubleheader on NBCSN featuring two rematches from the 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The St. Louis Blues will play at the Chicago Blackhawks at 8 p.m. ET, followed by the Los Angeles Kings visiting the San Jose Sharks at 10:30 p.m. ET.
In the Western Conference First Round, the Blues defeated the Blackhawks in seven games, and the Sharks won a five-game series against the Kings.
Every U.S.-based team will be featured on NBC or NBCSN throughout the season. Fourteen games will be broadcast on NBC and 92 on NBCSN. The schedule includes Stanley Cup Playoffs rematches, big player debuts, the Centennial Classic, Winter Classic and Stadium Series.
Video: SJS@LAK, Gm5: Donskoi lights the lamp twice in win
NBCSN will air 24 Wednesday Night Rivalry matchups, along with six Wednesday Nightcaps showcasing games from the Western Conference. There also will be 11 Sunday Night Hockey matchups.
The entire schedule will also be streamed online at NBCsports.com and on the NBC Sports app.
Here are some of the highlights:
* The Pittsburgh Penguins will raise their 2016 Stanley Cup Championship banner on Thursday, Oct. 13, before their game against the Washington Capitals at 8 p.m. ET.
* On Friday, Oct. 14, defenseman P.K. Subban will take the ice for the first time as a member of the Nashville Predators when they take on the Blackhawks at Bridgestone Arena.
* The 2017 NHL Centennial Classic between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings will be broadcast on NBC from BMO Field in Toronto on New Year's Day at 3 p.m. ET. The 2017 NHL Winter Classic between the Blues and Blackhawks will also air on NBC on Monday, Jan. 2 at 1 p.m. ET.
* NBCSN will provide full coverage of 2017 NHL All-Star Weekend from Los Angeles. The Skills Competition will air live Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017, and the All-Star Game will take place the next day.
* NBC will air exclusive coverage of the 2017 NHL Stadium Series between the Philadelphia Flyers and Penguins from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh on Feb. 25, 2017 in primetime.
* NBC and NBCSN will stage a quadrupleheader on Hockey Day in America on Sunday, Feb. 19. The games begin at 12:30 p.m. ET on NBC with a matchup between the Capitals and New York Rangers. That will be followed by the Red Wings and Penguins at 3 p.m. ET. NBCSN will pick up the coverage at 6 p.m. ET with the Buffalo Sabres and Blackhawks squaring off, and at 8:30 p.m. ET, the Sharks will host the Boston Bruins.
* The Blackhawks lead all teams in national appearances with 21, followed by the Flyers with 20 and the Rangers and Bruins each with 16.