CANUCKS VS GOLDEN KNIGHTS PREVIEW:
The Vancouver Canucks face off against the Vegas Golden Knights for the first of four meetings this season. The Canucks visit Las Vegas on Feb. 23 and Mar. 20. The two teams meet again at Rogers Arena in the series finale on Apr. 3.
To date, Vancouver is 4-4-1 against teams from the Western Conference (3-3-0 versus teams from the Pacific Division).
According to Elias Sports, Vancouver is 9-7-1 all-time against expansion teams in their first ever meeting (beginning with the Atlanta Flames and New York Islanders in 1972.73).
Tonight's game is the first of a 2-game home stand that concludes with a visit from St. Louis (Nov. 18).
LAST GAME: NOV. 16/17:
VAN 3 at LAK 2 Henrik Sedin got the Canucks on the board with his second goal of the season at 5:10 of the second period...Bo Horvat tied the game 2-2 on the power play midway through the second...Sven Baertschi notched the game-winner on the power play at 4:07 of the third period...Anders Nilsson made 30 saves in his first start since Oct. 26...Derrick Pouliot tied a career-high with 2 assists...Brock Boeser, Loui Eriksson, Thomas Vanek and Henrik Sedin also drew helpers on the night...The Canucks went 2-for-3 on the power play.
QUICK HITS (Through Nov. 14):
• Brock Boeser ranks tied for 6th in rookie goals (5) and 2nd in rookie points (15). He also shares the rookie lead in points per game (1.00) and ranks 12th in the NHL in points per 60 at 3.81.
• Bo Horvat ranks 7th in the League in both faceoff wins (205) and offensive faceoff zone wins (79). His 77 defensive zone faceoff wins ranks 9th in the League. Brandon Sutter ranks tied for 18th in faceoff wins with 171 and 5th in defensive zone faceoff wins with 93.
• Michael Del Zotto leads the team in blocked shots with 34, hits with 36 and ice time with 23:47 TOI/game.
• Derek Dorsett shares the team lead in goals (7), ranks 2nd in hits (34) and is 5th in points (9). He ranks 6th in the League for best shooting percentage (29.2%; min. 10 games played) and also leads the NHL in penalty minutes (72).
• Anders Nilsson ranks 5th in the League in both save percentage (.942) and GAA (1.92). His 2 shutouts on the season are tied for 2nd most in the NHL. At even strength, Nilsson ranks 4th with a .957 save percentage. Jacob Markstrom ranks tied for 10th with a .938 save percentage at even strength. Hockey Night in Canada Sportsnet Pacific Sportsnet Sportsnet Pacific Sportsnet
• The Canucks rank 9th in faceoff win percentage at 51.5%.
• Vancouver is tied for 5th for fewest goals against per game at 2.61.
• Vancouver is one of 8 teams that have collected 12 or more points on the road thus far.
• According to Elias Sports Bureau, with his second shutout in his third game of the season, Anders Nilsson became the latest goalie to record two shutouts over his first three games with a team since Michael Neuvirth recorded shutouts in his second and third appearances with the Flyers on Oct.12-14/15.
• With his third career shutout on Oct. 17 at OTT, Anders Nilsson became the third Canucks goaltender to post a shutout in his Canucks debut (joining Mike Fountain (1993) and Johan Hedberg (2003)). He also became the first Canucks goaltender to earn a shutout at Ottawa since Kay Whitmore on Apr. 4/93.
• With his 3 point performance on Oct. 20 at BUF, Derek Dorsett tied a career-high for both goals (2) and points (3) in a game. His first goal shorthanded was the 4th such goal of his career.
• On Nov. 4/17, at the age of 20 years, 252 days old, Brock Boeser became the third youngest player in franchise history to notch a hat trick. Achieving the feat in his 19th career game, he also became the third quickest Canuck to record a hat trick (courtesy of Elias Sports Bureau).
THE GOING RATE:
• Brock Boeser has 15 points (5-10-15) over 15 games played; he has 9 points (3-6-9) over the past 8 games.
• Bo Horvat has 11 points (4-7-11) over the past 11 games; he has 7 points (3-4-7) over the past 6 games.
• Sven Baertschi has 10 points (6-4-10) over the past 11 games; he has 2 goals over the past 3 games.
• Thomas Vanek has 4 points (1-3-4) over the past 5 games.
• Henrik Sedin has 4 points (2-2-4) over the past 5 games.
• Daniel Sedin has 3 points (1-2-3) over the past 5 games.
• Through 7 games in the month of November, the line of Brock Boeser, Bo Horvat and Sven Baertschi have combined for 18 points highlighted by a combined 11-points on Nov. 4 vs PIT.