MONTREAL - Here are five things you need to know ahead of Wednesday night's game against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Arena.
1. The Canadiens are coming off their first loss of the preseason, a 3-0 shutout at the hands of the Maple Leafs on Monday night. Carey Price sat that contest out with a bruised hand, and it was Charlie Lindgren manning the crease. He made 22 saves in his second preseason contest.
Video: Korshkov, Hutchinson power Maple Leafs to shutout win
2. Following the loss to the Leafs, the Habs announced another round of training camp cuts. They sent forwards Riley Barber, Alex Belzile and Jake Evans and defenseman Josh Brook to the AHL's Laval Rocket. Barber joined the rocket after clearing waivers on Tuesday. Thirty-five players remain on the Club's training camp roster.
3. The Canadiens had the day off on Tuesday and did not practice, but they were back on the ice at the Bell Sports Complex on Wednesday before departing for Toronto. Following the morning skate, head coach Claude Julien confirmed that goalie Keith Kinkaid will get the start in Toronto. Have a look below for the list of players slated to face the Leafs:
4. For their part, the Leafs are playing their sixth of eight exhibition contests on Wednesday. Their preseason record currently stands at 2-3-0, with their other win - another 3-0 decision - coming on Friday night at home against the Buffalo Sabres. They'll close out their exhibition calendar with a home-at-home set against the Red Wings starting on Friday night in Detroit.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. You can catch all the action on TSN2, TSN4, and RDS on television, and on TSN 690 and 98,5 fm on the radio.