NHL to host free, two-day fan festival at 2016 NHL Stadium Series, Minnesota
Spectator Plaza open to the public prior to the 2016 NHL Stadium Series™ Alumni Game and 2016 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ Outdoor gameby NHL Public Relations @nhl
NEW YORK - To celebrate the 2016 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ outdoor game in Minnesota, the NHL and its partners are hosting the 2016 NHL Stadium Series™ Spectator Plaza, a free, non-ticketed event open to fans of all ages. The two-day fan festival includes interactive games, special appearances, and live music.
WHERE: Outside of Gate A (SE Oak St.), TCF Bank Stadium
WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 20 from 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. CT
Sunday, Feb. 21 from 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. CT
On Saturday, Feb. 20, Spectator Plaza will be open to the public ahead of the 2016 NHL Stadium
Series™ Alumni Game (4:00 p.m. CT/5:00 p.m. ET), which will feature approximately 50 former players and coaches from the Minnesota North Stars/Wild playing against Chicago Blackhawks alumni. Visit NHL.com for the full rosters.
On Sunday, Feb. 21, Spectator Plaza will be open to the public before the 2016 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ outdoor game where the Minnesota Wild will face-off against Central division rival Chicago Blackhawks in the first-ever outdoor match-up in the State of Hockey™. The game will be broadcast live in the U.S. as part of Hockey Weekend Across America on NBC and on Sportsnet and TVA Sports in Canada (2:30 p.m. CT/3:30 p.m. ET).
• Fans with a game ticket who visit the COORS LIGHT activation area will be treated to a special appearance by Mike Modano, the No. 1 overall selection by the North Stars in the 1988 NHL Draft as well as the League's all-time leader in goals and points among U.S.-born players. Must be 21 or older to enter
• DEFENDING THE BLUE LINE, a nonprofit founded by Minnesota soldiers, helps military kids play hockey while their parents are serving their country. Visit their booth to see how you can get involved
• Fans can test their hockey knowledge in an NHL Trivia contest, and their hockey skills at the shooting accuracy challenge at the GEICO booth
• Check out the all-new 2016 HONDA Pilot and receive a signed autograph (while supplies last) at the Honda tent; fans can also enter for a chance to win a trip to the NHL Awards in Las Vegas
• Fans can take their best shot at the METLIFE Sharp Shooter and have the opportunity to showcase their hockey skills on a regulation net, complete with goalie cut-out
• NHL NETWORK™ and XFINITY are teaming up giving fans an opportunity to get their photo taken at the NHL Network set and receive free premium items
• Stop by the iconic OSCAR MAYER WIENERMOBILE for a free photo with the 27 foot-long hot dog on wheels
• Fans can pick their team, the Minnesota Wild® or the Chicago Blackhawks®, and take a photo dressed like a player at the REEBOK-CCM booth. Fans can also test their shooting accuracy on the CCM Accu-Net shooting gallery
• Get a personalized hockey card for free at the UPPER DECK booth, as well play games and check out the latest and greatest in hockey cards
• Music: local cover bands YOUR DAD'S BAND and GOOD FOR GARY will keep fans entertained all weekend
• Food: check out food trucks CHEESE CURDS and KABOMELETTE
The bag policy for the 2016 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ and Alumni Game will be the same policy TCF Bank Stadium uses for Gopher Football games and Minnesota Vikings games. Only clear bags measuring 12" x 12" x 6" or less, women's clutch bags not to exceed 6.5" x 5" x 2" (approximately the size of a hand), and clear plastic bags carrying only purchases made at the stadium retail shops are allowed in the stadium.