VEGAS (March 8, 2019) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee announced today, March 8, that the team has signed forward Mark Stone to an eight-year contract extension through the 2026-27 season worth an average annual value of $9.5 million.
Stone was acquired by the Golden Knights on February 25, along with prospect Tobias Lindberg, from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Vegas Golden Knights forward Oscar Lindberg , Vegas Golden Knights prospect Erik Brannstrom and a 2020 Second Round draft pick (originally belonging to Dallas).
The 26-year-old Stone is a veteran of 371 NHL games and has tallied 123 goals and 190 assists for 313 points in his NHL career. He has also appeared in 27 playoff games for Ottawa with five goals and eight assists in those postseason contests. This season, Stone has recorded a career-high 28 goals and 36 assists for 64 points in 64games. He has recorded 20 goals or more in five consecutive seasons and last year finished with 20 goals and a career-high 42 assists for 62 points in 58 games.
The native of Winnipeg, Manitoba spent the last two seasons as an alternate captain for the Senators. In 2016, Stone recorded 10 points (4 G, 6 A) in 10 games to help lead Team Canada to a gold medal during the 2016 IIHF World Championship.
Stone was selected by the Ottawa Senators in the sixth round (178th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Mark Stone, Forward
Birthplace: Winnipeg, MB
Weight: 219 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Ottawa Senators in the sixth round (178th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Tallied 311 points (123 G, 188 A) to go with 115 penalty minutes in 366 games over the course of seven seasons with the Ottawa Senators
- Has scored a career-high 28 goals this season and has 64 points (28 G, 34 A)
- Scored 20 or more goals in five consecutive seasons
- Recorded 10 points (4 G, 6 A) in 10 games to lead Canada to a gold medal during the 2016 IIHF World Championship
- Made NHL debut and recorded first career NHL assist on April 21, 2012 during the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs at the New York Rangers
- Spent four seasons with the Western Hockey League's Brandon Wheat Kings, under Vegas Golden Knights Assistant General Manager Kelly McCrimmon
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.