VEGAS (February 29, 2020) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, February 29, the following roster transaction: the team has recalled forward Brandon Pirri from the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
Pirri has appeared in 11 games with the Golden Knights and has tallied one assist this season. With the Wolves this season, he has recorded 35 points (15 G, 20 A) to go with 30 penalty minutes in 38 games. Last season, Pirri matched his highest NHL point output since the 2015-16 season in half as many games, finishing with 18 points (12 G, 6 A) to go with six penalty minutes in 31 games with the Golden Knights. Prior to being recalled by Vegas, the Toronto, Ontario native led the American Hockey League with 42 points (18 G, 24 A) in 29 games with Chicago.
Brandon Pirri, Forward
Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario
Weight: 186 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Chicago Blackhawks in the second round (59th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft
- Has appeared in 11 games for the Golden Knights during the 2019-20 season, recording an assist
- Has recorded 35 points (15 G, 20 A) to go with 30 penalty minutes in 38 games with the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves during the 2019-20 season
- Finished the 2018-19 season with Vegas appearing in 31 games and totaling 18 points (12 G, 6 A)
- Had a career-high six game point streak from December 30, 2018 - January 15, 2019
- Has appeared in 44 games with the Golden Knights in two seasons collecting 22 points (15 G, 7 A)
- Started the 2018-19 season with the Wolves, appearing in 29 games and recording 42 points (18 G, 24 A)
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.