VEGAS (December 19, 2018) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee announced today, December 19, the following roster transactions: the team has recalled forward Brandon Pirri from the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
The Toronto, Ontario native leads the AHL with 41 points (17 G, 24 A) to go with 18 penalty minutes in 28 games for Chicago this season. His 24 assists also lead the league and his 17 goals rank second. He has scored a goal in four straight games and has recorded a point in each of his last nine contests, five of which have been multi-point games. Last season with the Golden Knights, Pirri appeared in two games and recorded three goals. He has played parts of eight seasons with five NHL teams, totaling 228 games, and has 101 career points (60 G, 41 A). Pirri originally signed with the Golden Knights on October 4, 2017 and resigned with the team on July 1, 2018.
Brandon Pirri , Forward
Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario
Weight: 186 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the second round (59th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft
- Led the American Hockey League with 41 points (17 G, 24 A) at the time of being recalled during the 2018-19 season.
- Appeared in two games with Vegas Golden Knights during the 2017-18 season, collecting three points (3 G).
- Finished 2017-18 season with the AHL's Chicago Wolves tallying 52 points (29 G, 23 A) in 57 games played.
- Has played parts of eight seasons with five NHL teams, totaling 228 games, and has 101 career points (60 G, 41 A).
- Made NHL debut on Oct, 9, 2010 after signing an entry level contract with the Chicago Blackhawks.
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.