The PREDsident Day Classic will be played as a 4 Game guaranteed Divisional tournament. All games will be officiated by certified USA Hockey officials and games will follow USA hockey rules. The divisions will have 4 teams per division. Teams will be seeded after there first 3 regulation games and will play a championship and consolation game pending the results.
- 3 Thirteen (13) Minute Stop-Time Periods
- 3 Minute Warm-Up
- 1 Timeout allotted to each team for each game
- 2 minute minor penalties, 4 minute double minor, and 5 minute major penalties for all divisions
- All players must be USA Hockey members for the 2018-19 season
- Home team: Dark Jersey / Away team: White Jersey
If a goal differential reaches 6 goals, the scorekeeper will run the clock for the remainder of the game. The game must then come to a 2 goal differential before stop-time is reinstated.
- 2 Points will be awarded for win
- 1 Point for tie regulation
- Playoff games will be determined by 3 player shootout. If the game is not decided after 3 shooters. It will then go to sudden death shootout and teams must use a different skater for each shootout attempt.
- Championship games will have a 5-minute 3 on 3 overtime, then 3 player shootout. It will then go to sudden death shootout and teams must use a different skater for each shootout attempt.
Tie breakers: Tie breakers will come into effect in the event there is a tie in points between 2 teams. These will be the following tiebreakers:
- Head to Head
- Plus-Minus: Goals for vs. Goals Against
- Fewest goals allowed: 3rd Tie Breaker will go to the team that allowed the fewest goals
- Fewest penalty minutes
Game Misconduct Penalties, Fighting, & Match Penalties:
If any player or coach is to receive a penalty for fighting, abuse of official, or any other infraction resulting in a game misconduct or match penalty, that player or coach will be removed from that game and WILL NOT be allowed to participate in the remainder of the tournament. The remaining games can be counted towards any amount of games that are handed down from USA Hockey. However, regardless of the amount of the suspension for the penalty, no player will be allowed to play after the infraction in question occurred during the PREDSidents Day Classic.
For any additional questions, please contact Tournament Director, Zach Jackson at email@example.com.