PREDecessor is designed for boys and girls ages 4 to 12 years old, who can skate on their own. This six-week session is $150. Participants may repeat PREDecessor. This class is not designed for players that have been or are currently in our House League. Full hockey equipment is required.
The new PREDecessor format will change the way players move through the program and prepare them for the NPAHA Youth League. This reformat will change PREDecessor from a five-zone rotation to three zones based on players skill level and ability on the ice (Beginner - Advanced). Players will receive a performance review at the end of the session instructing them to move onto the next zone, repeat a zone, or move onto the next program.
• A greater developmental approach to an introduction program - with skill sets varying throughout the program, it allows us to focus on specific skills, strengthen them, and prepare the player for the next/variation of that skill.
• Practice plans will become tailored to the specific level of each zone - Instead of a one size fits all approach, these plans will be designed to challenge the player to the furthest of their ability without overwhelming them or having the not participate.
• Allows us to move players into Youth League when they are ready - hopefully increasing quality of play and attract potential customers.
• Players will be able to move up with a group of similar skill set, rather than being dominated by the higher skilled individuals.
• Communication to parents is strengthened - by providing a review, the parent has better understanding and direction as to where to go from PREDecessor.